Pre Season expectations and where we are now

Guest armchairfan

Guest armchairfan

Before the season started what would everyone have classed as a good season for us...............

To stay in the division must be the first aim for the fans, club, manager and chairman which i'm sure it is.

The performances of late haven't been bad but we need need to be more ruthless in front of goal. We are creating chances but not capitalising on them.

we battered Leeds and should also have had a penalty, last night we were the better team and created more than enough chances to win the game.

I can understand peoples frustration when you look at the league but i am of the opinion that we are still average side for this division at the moment. Average sides tend to either start very well then fall away into mid table mediocrity or struggle then force their way up the table.

Talk of sacking the manager is premature in my eyes. Undoubtably it is not the start we wanted but are people expecting/hoping to be sacked because our chairman has a history rightly/wrongly to sack managers almost at will.

MM has always said he will do what is best for SWFC and nothing else. If that means he sticks with DJ until the end of the season and we finish 4th bottom so be it.

Next season we will have more experience, be able to attract decent players (depending on where we finish) and build a squad capable of challenging for the top 6.

I said when we got promoted i expected us to be in this division for a minimum of 2 seasons and i stand by that

Keep believing guys UTO FTB

Guest armchairfan

I was happy with mid table if i'm honest.

I'm now gutted that we have been relegated after 12 games.

This is my point. Why are people already writing this season off.

2 wins and we are mid table

We need some luck to get players believing again that's all.

I am an eternal optimist though which is rare for a wednesday fan

I expected mid-table, just below play-offs if we got lucky. My expectation is still mid-table.

We are a hair's breadth from sorting this form out. One win, one bit of luck or preferably both at once and the players attitudes will change remarkably with the relief.

Try telling that to the manic depressives on here.

I bet Owlstalk is busier when we lose a few than when we got promoted last year!