Bournemouth 0-0 Wednesday

Was thinking about the terrible run we were on and it reminded me of a similar run at the end of the Irvine/start of the Megson eras. It wasn't an instant turn around under Megson and we continue to lose at first. But slowly but surely we became more competitive in games and things finally turned around after a goalless draw at Bournemouth.

Sure it was a reasonably dull game, and we didn't score, but it was the first time that we hadn't conceded in ages and also the first time we didn't look second best. After that, things really picked up, especially at home, and we've never really looked back; until this recent run of course.

My point is that I think this run might be going the same way. In the last few defeats there have been a few more possitives. Sure we lost to Southampton, but we just about kept with a Premier League team for most of the game. Sure we lost to Wolves, but we didn't really concede many chances and it took a fluke goal to separate us. Next comes an away trip to a so so team in a Tuesday night. Just like against Bournemouth, I see a relatively dull but credible low scoring draw against Burnley which will hopefully halt the rot and move us onto a more respectable run.

Up the Owls.

Was thinking about the terrible run we were on and it reminded me of a similar run at the end of the Irvine/start of the Megson eras. It wasn't an instant turn around under Megson and we continue to lose at first. But slowly but surely we became more competitive in games and things finally turned around after a goalless draw at Bournemouth.

Sure it was a reasonably dull game, and we didn't score, but it was the first time that we hadn't conceded in ages and also the first time we didn't look second best. After that, things really picked up, especially at home, and we've never really looked back; until this recent run of course.

My point is that I think this run might be going the same way. In the last few defeats there have been a few more possitives. Sure we lost to Southampton, but we just about kept with a Premier League team for most of the game. Sure we lost to Wolves, but we didn't really concede many chances and it took a fluke goal to separate us. Next comes an away trip to a so so team in a Tuesday night. Just like against Bournemouth, I see a relatively dull but credible low scoring draw against Burnley which will hopefully halt the rot and move us onto a more respectable run.

Up the Owls.

yes very true , 0-0 at Bournemouth , followed by a 1-0 win at Carlisle .

Followed by a 4 -2 hammering by already relegated Plymouth at home !!!!!

Guest michael dodds

Different matches I think but that could add to the complexity and depth of the conspiracy.....

Worst ever standings after an away match. Would be interested to hear just for the laugh!

vs Stoke in August 2005 (first game back after Cardiff).

Locked in a pen for around 45 minutes after the game. No apparent reason as there was no trouble at the game. All the fans were packed in shoulder to shoulder in the baking sun. Was a lot of concern for a heavily pregnant woman who was stood near us.

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm