BRING BACK THE BEAR

Owlstalk sorted the takeover (Milan wasn't interested until he discovered Owlstalk) Owlstalk sorted most of last seasons signings (forget what Megson said about him talking Semedo round, again it was after discovering Owlstalk) Owlstalk even sorted "Henderson's at Hillsborough". Surely we can sort out Bring back the bear. C'mon Neil get Wednesday to Gi t'bear back

Edited by Blueblood

Guest Paulos_Medication

Unless I am missing something then I can't spot any offcial statement, news item on the clubs website in recent weeks.

I do think from a PR point of view someone has dropped a major ball at S6 with the SCH bear disappearing from the new home shirt without mention. I am sure behind the scenes that the removal of the SCH logo would have been communicated and explained in advance to SCH. (It would be terrible to think that was not the case).

Realistically I am sure links between the Owls and SCH will remain strong and ongoing on many levels. The logo on the shirt will be considered in some quarters to be a minor point. We can argue over that point separately ( I for one feel proud to see it on the shirt (see SCH thread)). However the fact it looks to have disappeared without any pre-emptive communication from the club where they could have stressed the ongoing strong links with SCH regardless of the logo and perhaps explain the decision in advance is remiss. There may well be good reasons behind it, such as the club wishing to broaden it allegianses to other equally worthy charities e.g bluebell wood. A bit a simple PR and you actually have a positive news story regardless of the bear disappearing and everyone is in the picture.

I do think this needs official clarification though. Can Owlstalk sort it Neil ?