Zip Slide 500ft across the Hillsborough Stadium for a deserving Charity

Guest maniac22

Guest maniac22

Fly like a sports superhero for The Stroke Assocation

For the first time ever, The Stroke Association is giving sports fans the chance to dress up and zip slide across Sheffield Wednesday FC Football stadium to raise money for the charity.

On 24 and 25 March, Sporting Heroes will give everyone the chance to dress up as their favourite sports hero, heroine or even villain and slide the full length of the iconic Hillsborough stadium.

Event organiser Olivia Beaumont from The Stroke Association says: “We’re really excited about this event, it will be a truly unique experience to glide across this iconic stadium, and everyone will be raising vital funds for stroke survivors, their families and others affected by the condition.”

“Registration is just £10, and then you need to raise a minimum of £85 in donations before the big day. You’ll receive a special gift and certificate as a memento of your achievement.”

Everyone is encouraged to step back in time by dressing up! You could come as your favourite 80’s popstar or simply wear some old favourites from the back of the wardrobe?

As with all our events places are going fast so to ensure that you don’t miss out on this amazing challenge you can either:

A stroke is a brain attack, which occurs because of a clot or a bleed in the brain, causing brain cells to die. There are almost 10,000 people living with the affects of stroke in Sheffield, so to help out and take part, please sign up at www.stroke.org.uk or email sportingheroes@stroke.org.uk

post-22991-0-88151800-1325602827_thumb.p

I will definately be registering, my grandad had a stroke which change him from being active to sitting in a chair all day not even able to feed himself, he never recovered and died 6 months later. I was only 15-16 at the time and going to see him absolutely killed me because I could see him getting angry that he wasn't able to do anything for himself.

Guest maniac22

kopman9

I'm very sorry to hear this about your grandfather, it would be great to have you participate in this fantastic event. Stories of experience of Stroke can really help the charity as we can use them for case studies and in the media with your permission of course. All money raised from our events goes staright back in tot he charity to help more people and support the charities efforts in research, campaigning and education and further fundrasing.

I look forward to hearing from you

kind regards

Michael Berkshire

Guest maniac22

it would be greatly appreciated if anyone who reads this topic would be happy to share it with friends. Any efforts will be such a great help to thid worthy charity

Guest McBeak

Im signed up already and all you lovely people can donate to a great cause by either visiting:

www.justgiving.com/oliver-rowley

or you can sponsor me just £2 by texting OLY83 to 70070

Thanks! WAWAW?

Guest maniac22

Administrators: is it possible to get this topic pinned, it would fantastic and greatly appreciated and enable more people to read about his great event for a great cause?

if anyone agrees please re-post