A different perspective

Yes - yesterday was a disgrace of a performance and yes - we have been almost as bad as that in nearly all our away games. Typical away performance against a team that see us as a trophy win in the league, and we can't get up for it. The only game we performed OK in was against Charlton who don't see us in that same way.

However, as far as i'm concerned we've looked pretty bad in most games this season, yet we sit in the top half of the table only 4 points off the lead. I think there's plenty of hope yet, however disappointing these performances have been. I concede it is obviously worrying that we can't kick a ball away from home but on the plus side, it means there can only be improvements whilst I think we will maintain the home record.

I certainly don't think it's time to get rid of Megson who I think on the whole has done a good job with a poor inherited team and a panicked transfer window.

Finally - fantastic away support again. Incredible turnout on a tuesday night at Stevenage.

UTO

I think there's more hope than last season. WE started off well last season but things went a lot worse, a lot quicker. This season we have the home form to fall back on whereas last time we just looked shocking wherever we played, and the signings were awful. I think on the whole the signings have been better this season and with a couple more in january i think megson will be with a squad he's happy with.

I think the players need to play in front of 7k fans at home and an away following of say,100, for a few weeks - just to show them that we are third tier club, no better (or worse) than many other clubs in this division. The ability is there with the majority of players but they need to understand that they have to perform to achieve results - the fact they are playing for a club who were once "massive" is not enough to get victories, with the "little" club just falling over in admiration.

The SWFC badge does not scare people into submission, Stevenage have secured back to back promotions (I think!) because they work hard to achieve results, regardless of the opposition (they beat Newcastle in FA Cup if I remember rightly too). Our players need to take this mentality themselves.