England V Wales

Guest AwayOwl1991

Guest AwayOwl1991

Hi folks, didn't find a section to post this in so have posted it in this section as there may be some fellow wednesdayites who travel to england games on here.

Anyway, me and my mate have tickets for this match but we both have to attend uni enrolment the day after so we can't stay over so the train is not an option unfortunately.

We have been to england matches before but only a couple and travelled on National Express Coaches from Sheffield but they have e-mailed me saying that they are not running coaches to this game as it's a financial decision made by themselves as there is no interest anymore'.

So I am just wondering fellow wednesdayite/england regulars out there what are our options?

Neither of us drive either.

Guest Big Guns

Sounds like your fooked to me next time think about it first ,all that education and no common flippingsense

Guest AwayOwl1991

sheffield to st pancres then tube to wembley.wembley to st pancres then train home.simples.

Doesn't get us back in time.

Guest RipleyOwl

I'm not taking the p*ss with this but could you get a flight? We flew to Wednesday Bristol game was not cheap but beat being in traffic etc

Doesn't get us back in time.

last train home is 22;30 from st pancras. there is a 23:30 train from kings cross to donny.....but then that leaves you stuck there, maybe you have a mate that could pick you up from there.

Guest AwayOwl1991

I'm not taking the p*ss with this but could you get a flight? We flew to Wednesday Bristol game was not cheap but beat being in traffic etc

to which airport mate? Doncaster airport won't do flights and Sheffield has no airport which is poo .

Guest AwayOwl1991

last train home is 22;30 from st pancras. there is a 23:30 train from kings cross to donny.....but then that leaves you stuck there, maybe you have a mate that could pick you up from there.

Isn't there anywhere near Sheffield we could stay over bar Donny?

Best mate has only got a rowing boat until he passes his test.

Is the canal near Donny Station?

Guest AwayOwl1991

have you looked at the megabus?

Yeah but it doesn't leave from Wembley? No tubes from Wembley to Victoria after match?

Guest AwayOwl1991

Why not just say wot you flippingmean and just ask for a lift

We just want some public transport not a lift

Guest Big Guns

Got some tickets to go to palma nova tuesday,can any give me a lift to airport I forgot I needed to get to the airport first

I`m on the 23.15 Mega bus from Victoria back to Meadowhall 02.45. Booked coach tickets a couple of months ago paid £6.25 return, think it`s still just £10 to come back on the coach which is still a bargain and there`s loads of tubes back to Victoria after the game hope that helps. Also tickets in the family enclosure £20 adults, £10 kids, cheaper than watching most league 1 and 2 games.

Edited by sanderbeard

Guest AwayOwl1991

I`m on the 23.15 Mega bus from Victoria back to Meadowhall 02.45. Booked coach tickets a couple of months ago paid £6.25 return, think it`s still just £10 to come back on the coach which is still a bargain and there`s loads of tubes back to Victoria after the game hope that helps. Also tickets in the family enclosure £20 adults, £10 kids, cheaper than watching most league 1 and 2 games.

Cheers mate. Did you check the tube site too?

Cheers mate. Did you check the tube site too?

[/quote

No but been down 4 times for England games at night and there`s loads of tubes going back into Central London, think you have to change at Green Park tube station then 1 stop to Victoria simple.

Guest MEXBOROUGH

Maybe this could be an option for you, coach run by South Yorkshire England fans, they can arrange to pick up/drop off at junctions on the M1

"as per normal a coach will run to the Wales game leaving from

Grimsby 8.15 the trawel

sflaphorpe 8.45 Queensway

Doncaster 9.15 TBA

Rotherham 9.45 Bramley Morrisons

and other pick ups on M 1 as required get to the tourch for 1pm leave at 10.30 straight home non stop

dpbeverley@aol.co.uk or 07845660864

Please note no alchol allowed on coach"

Edited by MEXBOROUGH

*To sanderbeard*

how long before final whistle do you have to leave? we would normally stay in a hotel for midweek games, but want to get straight home after this game to save on cost.

would normally train it down to london.