Firefighter

The way i see it we need to go a pretty epic run of form to be promoted.Just to throw an idea out there why dont we (TRY) to get a man in to do us a short term job till the end of the season just like Middlesboro did with El Tel to keep them in prem and Coventry did with Big Ron and offer them a large cash bonus (say 500k) if they get us promoted. If they succeed then we would be in a better position to then choose our manager for the long term. Of the managers available i think that only Big Ron, Kevin Keegan and Terry Venables have the personality and presence to actually pick the team up and carry us to promotion. Just an idea but if u dont think big u dont achieve anything (as our current manager is proving)

This would definatly get the old lady rocking and add a few thousand on the gate. I know they are yesterdays managers but in the short term i could see them riding the wave of optimism they would create and get us up. Where were Fulham till Fayed and Keegan came in? Where were Pompey till Milan and Redknapp came in?We have the chairman we just need the manager. Its a damn sight better going out all guns blazing in front of 25 thousand trying to save whats left of the season than letting it fizzle out in front of 15 thousand which is whats happening under Irvine. If promotion is a must as Milan says and is worth 3.5 million can we afford not to?