what was that...?

Was it just me or was the attack, somewhat abysmal when it comes to finishing. We had out chances to equalise, we had enough chances to really stick a knife in, and we didnt finish!?

Sure our defense was not great... purse had a good game though, and in that aspect we was obviously going to struggle this game, but why on earth can we not finish opportunities that even southport would rarely miss?

on a side note... I have been one to consistently support Irvine in the name of a fair chance and because i think he did well in to bring in players like coke, jones, teale, morrison, mellor, sedgwick and most importantly weaver. However after today, I demand the mans head... What sort of manager plays Heffernan with 3 minutes to go, or takes off teale to bring on sedgwick, I mean i like sedgwick, i think he plays well in lower tempo games, but against huddersfield? not a chance. We need Milan to bring in a man and fast, and we need to bring in a couple of decent quality players, an extra striker who can CONSISTENTLY finish would be nice as well.

Thats my opinion anyway...

Was it just me or was the attack, somewhat abysmal when it comes to finishing. We had out chances to equalise, we had enough chances to really stick a knife in, and we didnt finish!?

Sure our defense was not great... purse had a good game though, and in that aspect we was obviously going to struggle this game, but why on earth can we not finish opportunities that even southport would rarely miss?

on a side note... I have been one to consistently support Irvine in the name of a fair chance and because i think he did well in to bring in players like coke, jones, teale, morrison, mellor, sedgwick and most importantly weaver. However after today, I demand the mans head... What sort of manager plays Heffernan with 3 minutes to go, or takes off teale to bring on sedgwick, I mean i like sedgwick, i think he plays well in lower tempo games, but against huddersfield? not a chance. We need Milan to bring in a man and fast, and we need to bring in a couple of decent quality players, an extra striker who can CONSISTENTLY finish would be nice as well.

Thats my opinion anyway...

Did Purse play that good or did the rest of the team play so poo poo they made him look good?

Guest wistowowl

Us - Poor, weak in the middle, strong up front holding the ball but no threat on goal, poor out wide. Left it too late to make a change with Heffers.

Udders - Strong going forward, won the midfield battle from the start, passed and moved well and looked most of all creative.

Where to go from here?

New Centre half, Creative centre mid and a MAJOR goal threat is a must for us otherwise I feel its another year in League 1.

As for Irvine???? Up to MM but with his previous and the managers out of jobs at the moment, I feel his time is short.

Did Purse play that good or did the rest of the team play so poo poo they made him look good?

i suppose good isnt the right word... more good relative to the teams performance yes, and good relative to his performance over the past season. If he continues to make small improvements, maybe we can sell him for enough money to buy MM a beer.