Scouting Network?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Do we have one?

I think next season is really gonna be huge no matter what League we are, we HAVE to clear out many of the shambles that we have currently, enough is enough.

If we do stay up and keep on with many of this squad we could just be looking at another bad season...It is the perfect time to rebuild with hungry players.

Now here comes the crucial bit obviously we don't know what the budget will be, what the ST total will be so basically looking at it we may not have much to spend, so have we got a set up in place to find a few gems?

Like we have done previous for example Brunt, Whelan, Simek.

In previous years we scouted around Ireland and picked up Quinn, Geary, Morrison do we look there anymore? Reading got Hunt and Doyle for next to nothing really and they have proved to be very good players.

It would be good to see us get a few trialists in, obviously there will be many youngsters released from Premiership teams so maybe we could look there?

There is talent around just look at Cleverley, Taarabat, Landsbury, Coleman weather we could afford these type of player's is another matter.

We have to get the squad right next year, with hungry, determined players. We really do have to look EVERYWHERE, there is gonna be talent available we just need to find it.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Do we have one?

I think next season is really gonna be huge no matter what League we are, we HAVE to clear out many of the shambles that we have currently, enough is enough.

If we do stay up and keep on with many of this squad we could just be looking at another bad season...It is the perfect time to rebuild with hungry players.

Now here comes the crucial bit obviously we don't know what the budget will be, what the ST total will be so basically looking at it we may not have much to spend, so have we got a set up in place to find a few gems?

Like we have done previous for example Brunt, Whelan, Simek.

In previous years we scouted around Ireland and picked up Quinn, Geary, Morrison do we look there anymore? Reading got Hunt and Doyle for next to nothing really and they have proved to be very good players.

It would be good to see us get a few trialists in, obviously there will be many youngsters released from Premiership teams so maybe we could look there?

There is talent around just look at Cleverley, Taarabat, Landsbury, Coleman weather we could afford these type of player's is another matter.

We have to get the squad right next year, with hungry, determined players. We really do have to look EVERYWHERE, there is gonna be talent available we just need to find it.

I though Clarke was hungry all the time???

Is there any point in having a scouting network when you don't have a pot to p*ss in?

Who do you think are on more cash

Purse, Jeffers and Miller (Present)

Bougherra, Whelan and Brunt (When we signed them)

Which players would you want?

The academy and scouting at Hillsborough is pretty much none exsistant as far as i'm aware. I never see Wednesday scouts watching the youngsters on a sunday, but i'll regularly see United and Barnsley scouts at matches. Its something that needed sorting when we initially fell from the premier league. It has to be a priorty of the club to get this sorted, particularly as investment aint gonna happen IMO. Unfortunately, it would require financial outlay, but long term, if done properly, will generate a return. Its a bit of a chicken and egg situation, but i certainly think we need to improve in this area.

Guest Sheff Owl

Is there any point in having a scouting network when you don't have a pot to p*ss in?

I know what you are saying but do you wanna see many of these players here next year (whatever the League) giving the same poo poo performences?

We need to do something otherwise we are going nowhere i'm afraid imo.

Guest Sheff Owl

The academy and scouting at Hillsborough is pretty much none exsistant as far as i'm aware. I never see Wednesday scouts watching the youngsters on a sunday, but i'll regularly see United and Barnsley scouts at matches. Its something that needed sorting when we initially fell from the premier league. It has to be a priorty of the club to get this sorted, particularly as investment aint gonna happen IMO. Unfortunately, it would require financial outlay, but long term, if done properly, will generate a return. Its a bit of a chicken and egg situation, but i certainly think we need to improve in this area.

If your right then that's what my thought's was, it's a shame really, we are missing out on so many players.

You look out our youngsters now and we don't really seem to have anyone coming through, there was a time we was having them coming through regular, it just seems to have come to a stand still - that's down to finance i guess.

Guest Sheff Owl

Who do you think are on more cash

Purse, Jeffers and Miller (Present)

Bougherra, Whelan and Brunt (When we signed them)

Which players would you want?

No contest there really is there?