Hotel/b&b partnerships

Hi, I've been thinking about this as an idea for the club after my recent trip to Sheffield. I believe it would be a great idea for the club to have official partnerships with hotels and b&b's in Sheffield. I didn't know where to go and ended up in a dodgy b&b (Alara) two minutes walk from the stadium as I had it "recommended" as an okay place... I would call it substandard. Many economy UK hotels and b&b's are generally of a poor standard to my experience - problem is that the price is almost never an indicator of what to expect. The poor ones cost as much as the decent to great ones. So my idea is for the club to offer a "SWFC approved Hotel/B&B-service". The places could offer a 5% discount for match day ticket holders or Wednesdayite-members. Any thought?

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Such things are incredibly hard to put together, also it requires a lot of hand holding in such relationships.All hotels are willing to put together partnerships but choosing who to use and setting up a fair relationship for fans is damn near impossible as hotels are always concerned about making profit. Especially the larger chains, it would be different if we were touring european teams then it would be different but we're bringing the likes of Blackpool who aren't going to bring many overnighters.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Hmm, I would go for a hotel at Hillsborough too ONLY if we didn't need to have loans to fund it, and instead funded it from retained profits or partnerships. Theres no point in going into debt for it.

Aye Norwich are doing so poorly out of theirs.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Look at why United's is failling.Norwich's is tagged onto the ground and not in a poo poo area.There will be a hotel built at Hillsborough but not until the time is right

Guest depeched

E-mailed the club - and they were looking into it already. Not building a hotel that is, but partnerships with local hotels/B&B's.

Ayup Depeche.We both know that KM is more interested in hotels and property investments rather than SUFC...............but have you seen Depeche Mode 'in concert' lately?I was at their O2 gig last month. 'Tour of the Universe' indeed.Woooooooo!