On This day in 1986 :-(

Guest Jack the Hat

My 16th birthday! Was gutted. Remember it like it was  yesterday . Close but no cigar . It was a sign of things to come.

7 hours ago, vulva said:

We just weren’t good enough. They were a very good team. 

I disagree. We were comfortably the better team in the first half but didn't capitalise on it. Second half they scored an early goal which I'm still not convinced should have been allowed as there was a foul on Snodin by Harper which left him out of position and then Hodge made probably his only mistake in his first 2 seasons by coming charging out for a ball he could never get to, giving Harper a fairly straightforward chance. We equalised shortly afterwards and it took a stunning goal to beat us.

Everton were an excellent side (probably the best in the country for most of the season) but no-one liked playing us because we didn't give them any respite.

Unlike the '83 semi when we didn't play well (yet on another day would probably still have won...….sighs at the memory of the foul on Bannister that should have been a penalty in the first half and a great save by Moseley (who was a poor keeper) late on), we played well and didn't get the rub of the green. It's the Wednesday way