Matias

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think we only have two genuine “crocks”, in Matias and Abdi. Their availability record is ludicrous, added to which Matias has been sent off twice in quick succession which suggests he is almost a hopeless case unless Jos can work some magic.

Hutch comes close, though again Jos might be able to calm him down. He is his own worst enemy making lunging tackles that risk injury to even the healthiest specimen, let alone the fragile Hutch. However, his injury record when played at the back is spotless. Personally I think he is one of our best CBs by some distance. Others disagree. Again personally I think him overrated in CM, and his injury record there is dire.

Hooper, Forestieri and Fletcher have had a few dodgy seasons injury-wise, but I think we will see them handled better now and rotated. It will test fans’ patience because they hate seeing their favourites ‘dropped’ when playing well. But in a 50-55 game season, and with players in their late 20s and early 30s it’s the only sensible approach. Plus, we have an army of forwards and Joao, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher and Nuhiu are a terrifying group if they can be kept much fitter.

Agree but I worry that Kieran Lee might be one to add to the 'crocks'. He'd be a great asset if he ever gets fully fit again but we don't know if that will happen.