TPP allocation, when does it occur?

Sorry if this has been asked already but upon purchasing a ticket how long does it take for Ticket Priority Points to be assigned to the buyer? Is it instant or don't they get assigned until the game purchased for has actually taken place?

Edited by audin

I think it depends when the entire system gets updated.

In the past they have waited for the game to actually take place.  For example when games are close together, people may purchase for a match to get their points up for the match the following week before returning their tickets.  So next month we have Derby the week after Bolton; someone might buy a Bolton ticket to get enough points for Derby and then return their Bolton ticket before the match takes place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam779 said:

I think it depends when the entire system gets updated.

In the past they have waited for the game to actually take place.  For example when games are close together, people may purchase for a match to get their points up for the match the following week before returning their tickets.  So next month we have Derby the week after Bolton; someone might buy a Bolton ticket to get enough points for Derby and then return their Bolton ticket before the match takes place.

Well because I'm a season-ticket-less scumbag who only goes now and then (can't afford, busy with kids, working, blah blah blah) I want to get my TPP up to 50 so I can buy tickets for Sheff Derby on Monday at 9am, so I was going to buy a ticket for Brentford and go on own. Mate I usually go with already has 50 TPP but I'm on 40 so I'm letting the side down.

3 minutes ago, audin said:

Well because I'm a season-ticket-less scumbag who only goes now and then (can't afford, busy with kids, working, blah blah blah) I want to get my TPP up to 50 so I can buy tickets for Sheff Derby on Monday at 9am, so I was going to buy a ticket for Brentford and go on own. Mate I usually go with already has 50 TPP but I'm on 40 so I'm letting the side down.

Is everything in your purchase history and have you checked the ticket priority points with 'My Account' in the ticket site?

Just looked at mine and interesting my season ticket points weren't added until the 14th August and my Cardiff and Birmingham points haven't been added yet.  I've an Away ST but I doubt that makes any difference.

27 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

Is everything in your purchase history and have you checked the ticket priority points with 'My Account' in the ticket site?

Just looked at mine and interesting my season ticket points weren't added until the 14th August and my Cardiff and Birmingham points haven't been added yet.  I've an Away ST but I doubt that makes any difference.

Yeah in my purchase history there's 4 games, 40 TPP. Pretty sure I went to more than 4 last season but whatever :-)

28 minutes ago, audin said:

Yeah in my purchase history there's 4 games, 40 TPP. Pretty sure I went to more than 4 last season but whatever :-)

Maybe get in touch with the ticket office tomorrow then.

Good luck sorting it.