Any Norwegian Owls here?

When I was 8 years, my dad showed me a paper that had all the Premier League teams symbols and stats. He asked me which team I liked. I thought the Owl-logo and the name was cool, so I picked Wednesday. Hehe. And I`ve been a wednesday-fan ever since. Kinda funny story! :bigemo_harabe_net-64:Its awful in Norway - everyone are supporters of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. Some people have barely heard about Wednesday. At least they never know anything about our club. flipping losers. haha. Are you from Sheffield?

When I was 8 years, my dad showed me a paper that had all the Premier League teams symbols and stats. He asked me which team I liked. I thought the Owl-logo and the name was cool, so I picked Wednesday. Hehe. And I`ve been a wednesday-fan ever since. Kinda funny story! :bigemo_harabe_net-64:Its awful in Norway - everyone are supporters of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. Some people have barely heard about Wednesday. At least they never know anything about our club. flipping losers. haha. Are you from Sheffield?

Yes I'm born & bred Sheffielder. Glad you choose the Owls!

Hehe. True, but the cross-country medals was a bit because of the norwegian coach Thomas Alsgaard! :)Norwegians actually like swedes (and danes), but Im not sure if its mutual...Like in the World Cup, most norwegians want Sweden to do well! I dont think swedes would have liked Norway to do well in a World Cup. Or?

Hehe. True, but the cross-country medals was a bit because of the norwegian coach Thomas Alsgaard! :)Norwegians actually like swedes (and danes), but Im not sure if its mutual...Like in the World Cup, most norwegians want Sweden to do well! I dont think swedes would have liked Norway to do well in a World Cup. Or?

Its mutual alright. At least from me and most people I know.Perhaps we do have a bit of a big brother complex though. If we don't do well we have troubling accepting that our little neighbour is doing alot better. I think its mostly just lighthearted banter however.

Guest carlg

my middle name is rahn - a captain rahn from norway sailed into caernarfon a long time ago and impregnated one of my welsh predecessors (female, i assume!) - they married and subsequently every male member of the family line has bore his name, as a middle name.does that count?;-)