which players from last season ?

Guest James Junny

Guest James Junny

Lines, o,grady, madine, Antonio, Reda, llera, buxton, Bywater, semedo, JJ, that's 10 first team players from last season that are still in the squad this season, so Dj has kept the nucleus of last season and added quality in kirkland, Gardner, mccabe, bothroyd, rodri, maguire, Corry, mayor, lee, question marks over Taylor and mattock but we would have loved them in pub league one let's be honest. My point in all this is we are better than last season and in a far far better league, but its a mystery how teams like barnsley, Huddersfield and charlton seem to be plodding along for them but not us, football is a funny game though and all I can think is decisions, referees, bad luck, one mistake one conceeded, one goal scored two goals conceeded, crossed eyed linesmen, all these elements in any game and your not Gona win, so after 10 games of all that s##t I think its other teams turn now and can we get the rub of the green just for one game at least against ipswich who have no manager and seem to be in turmoil or will they put in a typical performance of the season.

Guest JC Saviour

Lines, o,grady, madine, Antonio, Reda, llera, buxton, Bywater, semedo, JJ, that's 10 first team players from last season that are still in the squad this season, so Dj has kept the nucleus of last season and added quality in kirkland, Gardner, mccabe, bothroyd, rodri, maguire, Corry, mayor, lee, question marks over Taylor and mattock but we would have loved them in pub league one let's be honest. My point in all this is we are better than last season and in a far far better league, but its a mystery how teams like barnsley, Huddersfield and charlton seem to be plodding along for them but not us, football is a funny game though and all I can think is decisions, referees, bad luck, one mistake one conceeded, one goal scored two goals conceeded, crossed eyed linesmen, all these elements in any game and your not Gona win, so after 10 games of all that s##t I think its other teams turn now and can we get the rub of the green just for one game at least against ipswich who have no manager and seem to be in turmoil or will they put in a typical performance of the season.

When the manager stops flipping about with the team week in week out then we might, just migh,t be on a par with the teams you have just mentioned.

half way there mate - I think we still need that outright striker. Has anyone this season shown any signs of filling this position?

Madine,Maguire and Rodri have not had a run of 3/4 full games to show if they could do it. O,Grady is our top scoring striker but keeps getting dropped and Bothroyd that well touted striker in this league is being played out wide. I for one can,t understand why we aren,t scoring any goals???

Madine,Maguire and Rodri have not had a run of 3/4 full games to show if they could do it. O,Grady is our top scoring striker but keeps getting dropped and Bothroyd that well touted striker in this league is being played out wide. I for one can,t understand why we aren,t scoring any goals???

That's one of the problems that someone else on this post mentioned, that Bothroyd has HAD to be moved out left. Another point that you rightly point out O.Grady keeps getting dropped - for some unknown rreason. Add to that the point that others say that Madine needs several games to settle in and I don't think we are far away from where stuff went wrong. Maguire has become Sheffield's answer to Claude Rains and Rodri, well - a non starter really but if the team were in a better position I am sure he would be worth more than a good run out anyday.

Must be a lot travelling today mate only me and thee on!!