Is the loans window open

True my main point though is that the American market is bigger and presumably generates more cash to pay the huge salaries

i was agreeing with you mate :biggrin: when I catch your phone-in, I've heard the presenters say "We should be like the Americans and have a cap" sounds simple doesn't it. MLS, NHL,NFL MLB and NBA. all have caps. Beckham's L.A. Galaxy contract was capped at £3 million per year. and granted £15 million is a lot of money for a 5 year gig, but he made an estimated £128 million in total in personal deals. Not everybody can be a David Beckham, Wayne Gretzky, Reggie Bush, CC Sabathia or Micheal Jordon. So the Americans have something we don't, strikes. It seems like every fifth year the NHL goes on strike because of a pay issue.

I know our system isn't perfect, but, neither is this idea of caps. because A) they're easy for the "superstars" to circumvent B) It has to be unilateral which is easy in the states because the buisness model is different the NFL is the NFL. here we have the FA, PL, SPL and SFA in England and Scotland alone. C) Because its unilateral it would give players even more control they could strike. Plus would it really affect the lower leagues in a positive way? The NFL is basically a bunch of mega franchises supported by a college feeder system. What would happen here. If the wage cap's too high clubs couldn't pay it. Does the sport go the NFL route which is the Champion League with less clubs?

And what you're not factoring in is that apart from a few hugely established clubs such as Man U, Real, Liverpool etc - the Far East market is a myth

I remember years ago how Crystal Palace were gonna sell billions of shirts in China because they signed Fan Zhiyi and the eastern fans were gonna go mental and all support Palace etc

Can't believe that despite all the facts since that people still buy into they shyte tbh

I was talking more about TV Rights and less about clubs The Premier League is as rich as it is because of those rights. not because of shirt deals though i'm sure it help certain clubs revenue.

And what you're not factoring in is that apart from a few hugely established clubs such as Man U, Real, Liverpool etc - the Far East market is a myth

I remember years ago how Crystal Palace were gonna sell billions of shirts in China because they signed Fan Zhiyi and the eastern fans were gonna go mental and all support Palace etc

Can't believe that despite all the facts since that people still buy into they shyte tbh

Chengdu Blades prime example

i was agreeing with you mate :biggrin: when I catch your phone-in, I've heard the presenters say "We should be like the Americans and have a cap" sounds simple doesn't it. MLS, NHL,NFL MLB and NBA. all have caps. Beckham's L.A. Galaxy contract was capped at £3 million per year. and granted £15 million is a lot of money for a 5 year gig, but he made an estimated £128 million in total in personal deals. Not everybody can be a David Beckham, Wayne Gretzky, Reggie Bush, CC Sabathia or Micheal Jordon. So the Americans have something we don't, strikes. It seems like every fifth year the NHL goes on strike because of a pay issue.

I know our system isn't perfect, but, neither is this idea of caps. because A) they're easy for the "superstars" to circumvent B) It has to be unilateral which is easy in the states because the buisness model is different the NFL is the NFL. here we have the FA, PL, SPL and SFA in England and Scotland alone. C) Because its unilateral it would give players even more control they could strike. Plus would it really affect the lower leagues in a positive way? The NFL is basically a bunch of mega franchises supported by a college feeder system. What would happen here. If the wage cap's too high clubs couldn't pay it. Does the sport go the NFL route which is the Champion League with less clubs?

Know you were just emphasizing the point :biggrin:

Edited by darra