Are We Missing Terry Burton?

Is it just me that wonders whether his departure to Arsenal has had an effect on the defensive capabilities of the team and the way we are playing now? I am starting to think that he was the brains of the outfit and did the organising and planning not Jones. For Arsenal to want him he was definitely well respected and good at what he did.

Guest Ripley Owl

Is it just me that wonders whether his departure to Arsenal has had an effect on the defensive capabilities of the team and the way we are playing now? I am starting to think that he was the brains of the outfit and did the organising and planning not Jones. For Arsenal to want him he was definitely well respected and good at what he did.

Agreed !

No. Burton was with Jones at Cardiff only. Although they managed Cardiff to consistent finishes in terms of league position and also did well in the FA cup together, it could be argued that Jones was more successful at Stockport and Wolves - two clubs that he managed without the help of Burton.

We never really replaced him. The assistant manager is Paul Wilkinson who Jones said "Has an eye for a good player." Well so has Danielle Lloyd but I still wouldn't want her as assistant manager! I think its an Everton old boys thing...