A winger with a good delivery

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

Something we desperately need at the moment, do we have a wide player who can put a cross in?

Last season we had Marshall and Treacy who could both supply the strikers, go to the byline, cut inside and put a great ball in to the box. We don't have that anymore and it could cost us. Bolton had Eagles who has a wicked delivery, i think we really need a winger who offers more than pace and power like Antonio and JJ, a proper winger who can put crosses in and make it easier for the forwards to score goals. Players like Madine and Bothroyd will score goals if we have a wide player who can find there head.

I don't know what Danny Mayor is like, but he's not getting a look in at the moment.

Guest Sheff Owl

Don't underestimate Mayor....he is a cracking player, very direct, will run at players and look to take them on.

He just needs a chance, like Lee today.

Guest foreverSWFC

Didn't take longer for Antonio to be the fall guy then.............

Not at all!

Antonio was superb today, first half Bolton didn't know what to do with him. I'm not saying he's rubbish whatsoever, just saying we haven't got a winger who can put a good delivery in like an Eagles, Marshall, Treacy etc. Antonio gives us other valuable qualities.

Not at all!

Antonio was superb today, first half Bolton didn't know what to do with him. I'm not saying he's rubbish whatsoever, just saying we haven't got a winger who can put a good delivery in like an Eagles, Marshall, Treacy etc. Antonio gives us other valuable qualities.

Ok sorry if I misread it. Antonio is hit & miss with the crosses, Treacy was spot on. And we all know that JJ can't shoot or cross so where does the service come from? Which is the point of your thread of course.