Anyone remember Sheilas cafe?

Now the Alara guest house? Used to be Sheilas cafe and B and B (I think Ronnie Moore used to live there when he first signed for Rotherham, don't know why).

We used to collect autographs and in the school holidays used to go to Hillsborough, meeting some players at the ground.(Graham Pugh was always a favourite as he used to stop and talk) We used to go in the cafe for a pork pie with tomato sauce and a glass of milk. Strange meal, I know but the price was exactly what I'd got left to spend after train and bus fare!

Further along towards the ground the shop on the corner was a programme shop for a short time.

I took a photograph of the cafe once but can't find it now.

Spent Easter 1969 there- a whole week. Very decent man Taylor? Turner? proprietor . Brought to his doorstep by Len Dawson who together with his missus used sell programmes on Penistone Rd side of ground.. I had arrived at the club and asked them to recommend someplace to stay and Len took me there.

I had great chats with the owner over the week ,he was a season ticket holder , but did not go to all the matches because he was busy selling his pies and peas. He only took a fiver from me for the whole weeks B&B even in 1969 that was practically free.

I'm not sure when he left there but I heard in later years that that he had moved south and ran into bad health and died. He was a great ambassador for Sheffield.