Stevenage Owl

Lifelong Wednesday fan from Stevenage..

Last night i was in with the home fans behind the goal where the first 4 flew in. So much still buzzing around my head about how bad Wednesday were and the stick i'm getting in the office doesnt help.

Alot of the home fans around me were saying they hadnt seen too many teams look as weak in the conference and i'd probably agree.

Stevenage is a team made up of young players who have bounced around in the lower divisions and non-league, they are committed, hard-working and fit. I know that Westley has them in 9-5 every day and they buy into his attitude. He always bangs on about how much stronger they are in the 2nd half of the season because of it. I'm pretty sure they just forked out a record fee for a striker from an Irish team that has been quoted as 5 figures. It would be embarresing to see the difference in wage bill between to 2 teams.

In comparison Wednesday players seem arrogant. I actually like Megson a lot, but so much needs to change, i look at teams like Norwich and still hope we will get back up the leagues, but at the moment its never felt further away,,,,,

It's hard to fathom how we can possibly be so bad.

But for me the blame has to lie squarely with the manager. Who else?

The manager buys the players, motivates them, talks to them , sets the atmosphere, picks the tactics, chooses the training regime.

The players will look at themselves of course, but Megson needs to look at himself aswell.

It's hard to fathom how we can possibly be so bad.

But for me the blame has to lie squarely with the manager. Who else?

The manager buys the players, motivates them, talks to them , sets the atmosphere, picks the tactics, chooses the training regime.

The players will look at themselves of course, but Megson needs to look at himself aswell.

megson also made just 1 change from saturday (good win.)

megson also made just 1 change from saturday (good win.)

He made 1 change like anyone would. That decision was a no- brainer.

But underlying that, we have not been able to maintain possession in any game since he arrived.

We have not really thumped anyone since he arrived.

We have continually looked defensively suspect even though we only play defensive midfielders and have revamped the defence totally.

We create very few chances any any game.

also,

There are constant whisperings about dressing room discontent.

I think the problems lie with megson, his method of screaming and shouting at the players isn't motivational and they are more scared of doing something so hence how fragile we are at the start, until we get the first goal everyone is on edge. Even though megson may have the right idea of how to play he does not bring out the best in any player we have. Name one player who has improved under him!!! I think Milan won't get rid and I do think we will be top half most of the season but I can't see us going up.

If I was to set a criteria for our next manger it would be a young up and coming guy who has new ideas and one who can motivate players

I think the problems lie with megson, his method of screaming and shouting at the players isn't motivational and they are more scared of doing something so hence how fragile we are at the start, until we get the first goal everyone is on edge. Even though megson may have the right idea of how to play he does not bring out the best in any player we have. Name one player who has improved under him!!! I think Milan won't get rid and I do think we will be top half most of the season but I can't see us going up.

If I was to set a criteria for our next manger it would be a young up and coming guy who has new ideas and one who can motivate players

I think you are right.

He talks a good game but I believe his man management is way off the mark. For them to be so psychologically brittle it has to be down to that.

We need a good man manager.

buxton, madine, morrison.

buxton, madine, morrison.

Madine I wouldn't say was any better he is still as good as when we bought him which happy with

Morrison has a better work rate now but scores less so is that better

Buxton was playing well beginning of last season but injuries of winter meant not much game time, but maybe he is slightly better is through megson or just in general he is better