Ability to spot talent

Correct me if Im wrong but we haven't come close to having a manger with these such abilities since Turner (arguably his only quality admittedly) and Sturrock.

Brunt, Whelan, Bougherra, Simek, Llyod Sam, Agbonlahor, Kenwyne Jones, Alex Bruce plus a couple more I've missed out, even Bullen to throw in a bit of experience - They've all gone onto better things.

What these 2 would have done with a transfer kitty makes me feel like Manderic's money could be so much better used.

Sadly we've just had mangers since then who appear to sign either journeymen or players who 'everyone already knows about' and who 'other clubs are in for', and what happened to these players from the foreign leagues we were suppose to be looking at?

I personally wish we could just have a genuinely intelligent football manger again. I'd really love Gus Poyet to be our next - true its not going to happen though.

Most of Irvines signings are good and individually, would walk into most sides in this division. All would look better playing for other teams

I do agree, but still think we could, and have done better to reach our full efficient potential.

Guest chezzyowl

We have no leader in the side.

We have no intelligence in the side or how do you explain how we sat back and stopped closing down inviting them onto us.

Yeovil held out for more time than us with 9 men not 10.

So we have players with grey matter between the ears not a good recipe for success.

Guest TonyOwl88

I think Madine looks like a prospect... scored a few already too.

Reynolds is rated, THE RADIATOR looks good (or be it a little naive), Daniel Jones is a good young player too imo...

Older talent includes Teale, Mellor, Clinton Morrison, Heffernan (or be it underused), Coke...

Nicky Weaver is imo better than Lee Grant.

I think others have shown it in glimpses too.

I think Irvine has an eye for talent.