Membership scheme for Concession tickets

Guest AMB

I haven't bothered going to many matches this season, as I had the general thought of flip the players and board who got us into this mess, I'm not going again until we're out of this mess. But I did give into temptation to go and try to buy a ticket for the game against Oldham.

I went with the intention of buying 2 concessions tickets (one for my Dad , and one for me as a student). I went to be told you have to sign up for a scheme (£10 a season) to get the student price, but it was quite clear to me this is another money making scheme to try and claw back some money from the discounted tickets. I for one declined on getting both tickets, which probably lost the club £35, which is absolute silly!!

I was pretty looking foward to the match too and money wasn't an issue, but I ain't being ripped off, so the club can try and claw back the money as mentioned. Not just did they lose that games ticket money, but they have lost income from me and my dad for the whole season now.

It just makes me wonder if other clubs do these for the "concession" deals... So I phoned up 2 clubs who do the sameish deals (I think it was Leicester and Notts County, although not sure). And I asked them if they have a scheme in place and they said no after my long explaination about it, they told me if you want a student ticket, all you have to do is turn up with ID and get the discounted ticket.

Why do they do it at our club then??

*Sigh*

I went with the intention of buying 2 concessions tickets (one for my Dad , and one for me as a student). I went to be told you have to sign up for a scheme (£10 a season) to get the student price, but it was quite clear to me this is another money making scheme to try and claw back some money from the discounted tickets. I for one declined on getting both tickets, which probably lost the club £35, which is absolute silly!!

*Sigh*

It's not a scam actually. In order to Charge the Away fans more our home fans have to be members. (You would know that if you went to the Fans forum)

Next time you come on here with a rant get your facts right

As people have already said this is not a scam.

For a bronze category game the difference between an adult and Community ticket is £8 Kop, £10 North. So you will have definitely made the Membership Fee 'back' after a maximum of just 2 games.

This apporach allows us remove these concessions from our away ticket pricing and maximise the revenue we get from visiting fans.

Many clubs have policies like this in place, the one that sticks out to me off the top of my head is Blackpool away last year. Their home fans paid significantly less than visiting Owls because of a Membership scheme they had in place.

Chris

I haven't bothered going to many matches this season, as I had the general thought of flip the players and board who got us into this mess, I'm not going again until we're out of this mess. But I did give into temptation to go and try to buy a ticket for the game against Oldham.

AMB's quest for TrueFan™ status wasn't going well