Newcastle - 5,534

Palace - 783

Peterborough - 1,204

Plymouth - 634

Blackpool - 532

Doncaster - 2,241

cheers mate

Guest Walkley_Owl

Cedric, based on current figures we average 900 a game more than the PIGS on the road, excluding Saturday

I don't know how even the dimmest pig could argue against us having better fans. We have one of the top 5 away followings in the country, and every single time we play an away match we get loads of fans of the opposition coming on our 606 page and saying we're the best away support they've seen all season.

Guest Walkley_Owl

I don't know how even the dimmest pig could argue against us having better fans. We have one of the top 5 away followings in the country, and every single time we play an away match we get loads of fans of the opposition coming on our 606 page and saying we're the best away support they've seen all season.

:laugh:

Based on what?

Better fans: Loyal - there weren't any Laws out chants despite how crap we had become + still get 20k after a decade of dross.

Not fickle - pigs demand the manager's head after a draw/loss, think they're prem bound after a win. We're realistic.

Top 5 away followings: Vocally I don't believe there are 5 better. And if you're talking quality in relative terms, when you look at how crap we've been in the past 10 years we're arguably the best away support in the country.

But carry on mate, I know you're on a FUD/WUM rampage because of being on a downer about us being in League One next season. Go cry elsewhere.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Better fans: Loyal - there weren't any Laws out chants despite how crap we had become + still get 20k after a decade of dross.

Not fickle - pigs demand the manager's head after a draw/loss, think they're prem bound after a win. We're realistic.

Top 5 away followings: Vocally I don't believe there are 5 better. And if you're talking quality in relative terms, when you look at how crap we've been in the past 10 years we're arguably the best away support in the country.

But carry on mate, I know you're on a FUD/WUM rampage because of being on a downer about us being in League One next season. Go cry elsewhere.

Ha ha nobhead.

I'd back our away support against most clubs but I wouldn't put us in the top five in the country

FUD/WUM :biggrin:

Guest Walkley_Owl

Aye Newcastle's support is poor isn't it?

Man City, Villa and Spurs all travel well, I'd say West Ham's is pretty decent as well from personal experience, same for Everton

Edited by Walkley_Owl

Newcastle were massively disappointing, I was expecting big things but vocally they were awful considering the numbers they travelled in. Padded out by day trippers I reckon. We easily outsung them at SJP, but they had trouble besting our (usually poor) home support.

So we agree that we're undoubtedly top 10? And relatively I'd still argue we're top, considering that we're ranked alongside the teams we've just mentioned despite having nothing to shout about for around 17 years.

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

Guest Walkley_Owl

Saturday's support by ourselves was poo mate, even before the goals went in.

I'd have us in the top ten in the country in terms of numbers and support yes, but nowt comes close to Man Yoo's

Yeah it's to be expected though, firstly we're Yorkshiremen, not exactly renowned for optimism are we? Then add in the past 15 years of disappointment, people have a lot of anger built up. And that's before taking into account that the general consensus seems to be that this current set of players don't give a poo poo.

And I'd love to have a home atmos like Everton's but it's never gonna happen.