Leopards dont change their spots

Many of our players are simply not learning, not changing, not adapting, not trying.

We have been struggling all season, yet a ton of players are seemingly undroppable.

It worries me that AI's post match comments included the line "I hope this is a one off". I don't blame him whatsoever, he's simply realising what an utter bunch of wasters he has inherited. He's been let down, shown up & made to look like a fool.

It is a squad full of little boys - shy shrinking violets who can get by hiding in the shadows of a successful team, but without the ability, passion, heart, belief or BALLS to do anything when the chips are well and truly down.

The myth that we don't have players to come in is just that - a myth. I could guarantee that 100% of fans would much rather watch the reserves & kids take a place in the side. When current performances & results are as bad as can be, there really is nothing to lose - as long as the kids are told exactly WHY they are getting a place in the team and assure them that results simply don't matter at this point.

One thing is for certain - the crowd would all back the tryers 100% - no genuine fan can boo effort.

Guest Sheff Owl

Wrote this in previous thread -

The interesting thing is some of these player's are just plainly poo poo and some are ok but some have been here for a a couple of years now and yet they are either going backward's or just don't look bothered and we have been seeing the same poo poo for most of that time, so is it just not worth cutting our losses and saying to them all, thanks but your available for transfer, we can't carry on like this no matter what league we are in next season.

Guest totemowl

Many of our players are simply not learning, not changing, not adapting, not trying.

We have been struggling all season, yet a ton of players are seemingly undroppable.

It worries me that AI's post match comments included the line "I hope this is a one off". I don't blame him whatsoever, he's simply realising what an utter bunch of wasters he has inherited. He's been let down, shown up & made to look like a fool.

It is a squad full of little boys - shy shrinking violets who can get by hiding in the shadows of a successful team, but without the ability, passion, heart, belief or BALLS to do anything when the chips are well and truly down.

The myth that we don't have players to come in is just that - a myth. I could guarantee that 100% of fans would much rather watch the reserves & kids take a place in the side. When current performances & results are as bad as can be, there really is nothing to lose - as long as the kids are told exactly WHY they are getting a place in the team and assure them that results simply don't matter at this point.

One thing is for certain - the crowd would all back the tryers 100% - no genuine fan can boo effort.

That's a myth. Why make stupid claims that all fans will want this.

I for one would not like our chances of staying in the Championship to be risked on kids that are not ready, and I would not like our kids to be damaged by playing in a team that lacks confidence and gets hammered every week, because the players who suffer most will be those very kids.

The chances of such a bold move coming off are similar to the chances of Jeffers scoring 20 a season for us. You know, a gamble that might have happened - but didn't.

As for saying that 'no genuine fan can boo effort'. I go to the matches mate! I see 'genuine' fans booing effort just about every week. It sickens me as much as todays performance does.

Guest totemowl

Wrote this in previous thread -

QUOTE (Sheff Owl @ Feb 27 2010, 10:47 PM)

The interesting thing is some of these player's are just plainly poo poo and some are ok but some have been here for a a couple of years now and yet they are either going backward's or just don't look bothered and we have been seeing the same poo poo for most of that time, so is it just not worth cutting our losses and saying to them all, thanks but your available for transfer, we can't carry on like this no matter what league we are in next season.

Sorry, but it still sounds silly. What you are suggesting is that it's not good enough to demotivate the players who have already been told their contracts will not be renewed. We also need to tell all the others they are on the transfer list, breaking any loyalty or effort they were putting in for the club and potentially demotivating them as well.

Guest Sheff Owl

Sorry, but it still sounds silly. What you are suggesting is that it's not good enough to demotivate the players who have already been told their contracts will not be renewed. We also need to tell all the others they are on the transfer list, breaking any loyalty or effort they were putting in for the club and potentially demotivating them as well.

Has that been confirmed?

Not being funny but what are the player's giving the fans? Are they putting in the effort? What are they giving back?

So because we could possibilly get relagated with this bunch and the shocking performences they give we should continue with them to possibilly see the same next season no matter what league we are in?

Guest totemowl

Has that been confirmed?

Unofficially, allegedly, yes. In a thread that's been doing the rounds this week.

Not being funny but what are the player's giving the fans? Are they putting in the effort? What are they giving back?

Last two games - very little. I'm not including the Doncaster game, so perhaps that should make 3.

So because we could possibilly get relagated with this bunch and the shocking performences they give we should continue with them to possibilly see the same next season no matter what league we are in?

This season - I don't see any choice. But we have to have better performances, ie. along the lines of those seen in January.

Close season - I can't see any benefit in renewing any contracts. Unless JJ's contract is also up in which case I'd renew his.

Regarding the rest of the squad - the only players that we might be able to lose to our benefit, would be the best ones. Otherwise, we might as well keep the rest instead of potentially creating unrest and Kenny Lunt type scenarios.

The way football is going,some players are going to struggle to find clubs willing to pay them anywhere near what they have been getting. The shower of poo that play for us (who's contracts are up) need to recognise that performances like that will see them on the dole come June -cos no manager is going to take a second look at them. That should be motivation enough.

Maybe its time for the club / manager to stop cat footing around them, worried about their confidence, and gave them some simple truths.

What I don't understand is that this is the same team that played so well and doggedly at Forest, and since then have been awful.

Edited by fife_owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Unofficially, allegedly, yes. In a thread that's been doing the rounds this week.

Last two games - very little. I'm not including the Doncaster game, so perhaps that should make 3.

This season - I don't see any choice. But we have to have better performances, ie. along the lines of those seen in January.

Close season - I can't see any benefit in renewing any contracts. Unless JJ's contract is also up in which case I'd renew his.

Regarding the rest of the squad - the only players that we might be able to lose to our benefit, would be the best ones. Otherwise, we might as well keep the rest instead of potentially creating unrest and Kenny Lunt type scenarios.

Yes seen the thread going around but as far as we know it's just rumours so i guess at the minute we don't really know.

Obviously this season we can't really do anything with these players, they are all under contract, but when the season end's i think we need to be tough and say enough is enough, some players have been here for a couple or so years and have had enough time to show that they deserve to be here, yet we keep getting some shocking performences, we dont really hear we lost but playing amazing, it's normally we lost and we was flipping shocking, how long can that carry on?

So next season we keep many of these player's are we gonna be happy to hear them excuses again, possibilly.

I don't want another season like this, like i said enough is enough, how many chances are player's gonna get till something sink's in, i think many of these players wont be in the Championship next season, weather we are or not, so surely they would be out there fighting trying to earn that new contract or earn a good move next season? yet what are we seeing - absolute flipping poo !! It can not carry on!

If certain player's keep making the same mistake's week in and week out then what can you do, even more so if the player's don't seem to be learning from them?

I think JJ has 2 years on his deal, signed a new deal earlier this season.

Guest totemowl

The way football is going,some players are going to struggle to find clubs willing to pay them anywhere near what they have been getting. The shower of poo that play for us (who's contracts are up) need to recognise that performances like that will see them on the dole come June -cos no manager is going to take a second look at them. That should be motivation enough.

Maybe its time for the club / manager to stop cat footing around them, worried about their confidence, and gave them some simple truths.

What I don't understand is that this is the same team that played so well and doggedly at Forest, and since then have been awful.

They might already have pre-nuptials arranged.

Same team minus Purse, I believe.