Guests in Foundation bar

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

We are taking a friend who is visiting from down south to the game v Preston on the fiver ticket and wondered what the current rule is on taking him into the Foundation bar. Have heard somthing about them having to join the scheme but he is not going to do that as he is not local nor a swfc supporter. Is our monthly foundation fees enough for us to take him in as a one off, any advice appreciated.

The curent charge is £5 for a guest. Last season it was £2. I've asked twice about this as I often persuade people to come with us (six times last year) and want them to experience the "matchday experience" with me and come in to the foundation bar. Last season they all spent a lot of money there with me, meal, beer, raffle tickets but when I have guests this year we'll be going else where as £5 is taking the pee. This loses the club what me and my mate spend AND the extra that the guest would spend.The reason I was given was that people were abusing the guest system. A better way to stop the abuse would be to limit each member to say, 6 guests a season, at £2 a time.And a maximum of 20 guests per match in total. I suggested this but it was refused.

I suppose the problem is that there are lots more Foundation members than the room has capacity for, I can imagine the complaints if members couldn't get in becuse the room was full due to a large number of guests.At last Saturday's game I even overheard some mumblings that people couldn't get a seat & had to stand up, whilst guests had got seats.That's how petty it can get.Personnaly I would like to see the club expand the capacity by replacing those large tables with smaller ones & having more suitable standing arrrangements (ie somewhere to rest your pint!) and open it up to season-ticket holders, match ticket holders & Wednesdayite members on a first come basis.

Guest intercity0wl

The curent charge is £5 for a guest. Last season it was £2. I've asked twice about this as I often persuade people to come with us (six times last year) and want them to experience the "matchday experience" with me and come in to the foundation bar. Last season they all spent a lot of money there with me, meal, beer, raffle tickets but when I have guests this year we'll be going else where as £5 is taking the pee. This loses the club what me and my mate spend AND the extra that the guest would spend.The reason I was given was that people were abusing the guest system. A better way to stop the abuse would be to limit each member to say, 6 guests a season, at £2 a time.And a maximum of 20 guests per match in total. I suggested this but it was refused.

I got the answer you have given me about the £5. charge so decided to go elsewhere else. I would have gladly paid a couple of quid but as you say a fiver is taking the preverbial. We bought the beer somewhere else and food somewhere else. all money that should have gone to the club.I totally understand the club not opening the lounge to all, as i would be annoyed if they did as my monthly subs should have a perk attached, but surely a figure of say 20 guests per lounge per game on a first come first served basis at a more realistic price would be ok.