ForzaWednesday

The cursed grounds

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

as to highbury for me .... 1st went in the 60s and was there the night they relegated us 30 odd year later and not one fecking victory in all that time. always used to say one day i'll see us win here but I never did  ....still my favourite away ground though ,the place had an aura about it  from the station bearing its name to the peanut sellers and the deco marble frontage..... great stadium

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

as to highbury for me .... 1st went in the 60s and was there the night they relegated us 30 odd year later and not one fecking victory in all that time. always used to say one day i'll see us win here but I never did  ....still my favourite away ground though ,the place had an aura about it  from the station bearing its name to the peanut sellers and the deco marble frontage..... great stadium

Remember going there in 86 or 87. Were much the better side for 90 minutes and came a way with a hard fought 1-0...................................defeat!

21 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Remember going there in 86 or 87. Were much the better side for 90 minutes and came a way with a hard fought 1-0...................................defeat!

never made any difference ...good , bad ,average we wouldn't win ..I thought we had a good chance when we played brighton  but we blew it ......probably my  nadir was 92 when  with the score 1-1 I said to my mate we can win this and 15 minutes later we were heading back to the car 5 -1 down and listening as we walked back the crowd cheering 2 more flying in .