I do wonder

I do wonder if his character ,style and the way he got he's players oozing with confidence would have been enough to push us over the line to the big title the year we finished third.

Wonder what he'd do with the current side?

I don't mean now. I mean if you could nib back in the DeLOeran and pick him up in his pomp.

In other news. Despite his heinous comments...it's a shame we ended up with Tyldsley and Townsed in the gantry when Ron was stood down.

I do wonder if his character ,style and the way he got he's players oozing with confidence would have been enough to push us over the line to the big title the year we finished third.

Wonder what he'd do with the current side?

I don't mean now. I mean if you could nib back in the DeLOeran and pick him up in his pomp.

In other news. Despite his heinous comments...it's a shame we ended up with Tyldsley and Townsed in the gantry when Ron was stood down.

2nd maybe. Probably would have gotten us a win in one of the cup finals too. But I doubt even Ron could have got us a title that season. The thing was though, he would have been able to establish as a top tier side for a good few years with more solid recruiting, instead we got Francis who only managed it a year and Pleat who signed too many mediocre players which condemned us to a long slide down the table.

Possibly.

Not sure the grunters would have taken a vital 6 pts off us though.

True. I maintain that if he'd have stayed our status as a top 4 side wouldn't have been a one-off, we could have maintained things for a good few years. The title wouldn't have been beyond us, solidity at the top would have enabled us to make the top quality signings that could have pushed us over the line in a year or two. Alas, it was not to be. Edited by CoDSW3