Our midfield today

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Absolutely superb, for man of the match I'd nominate Bannan, Lee and Jones as a unit if I could. Bannan looked back to his best, brilliant at converting defence into attack, after being rested midweek, Lee worked his knackers off as ever and is always crucial to how we play, and Jones provided an excellent screen, as well as laying on some really nice passes in the first half.

Today might have shown us the solution to cramming three midfielders into a 4-4-2 - Bannan and Lee were really fluid as to who played on the right wing and who played centrally. Meanwhile Reach was a brilliant outlet at all times.

Thought today was quite possibly our best home performance of the season and the one where it seems to have "clicked". QPR worked very hard and gave us a game but we handled them, and got the three points. We looked dangerous at all times up front and were very unlucky not to get more than one.

I'm not sure it nessacarily 'clicked' because although we was better, I still think we're yet to hit 100% (which is still a promising thought). 

Plus we had key players missing which again, the fact we won is a promising.

Seeing as we didn't have to come from behind is progress I guess...

Bring those key players back, take our chances and kill the game off and then I would say we're closer to being where we want to...

Decent form given the above, IMO gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Edited by Jay1867

im starting to get that feeling again like last season, that confidence before any game we will get a result and to think we haven't hit top stride yet, we haven't won any game this season by more than a 1 goal margin, some teams going to get an absolute roasting off us soon.

that win at huddersfield last week was a crucial moment and performance that has set the level to grow from