Set pieces

We do not appear to have anyone who can send in a decent cross (apart from Liera and Lines).

If I was Jones I would get one of the shorter players practicing corners and crosses ALL day until they deliver near on 10 consecutive perfect balls into the danger area.

Couldn't make the game yesterday but Wednesday night corners, of which we had plenty, were absolutely dia. What were they like yesterday?

Antonio can deliver a cross from the goal line when at pace, but often we've got no one running from deep to take the opportunity.

JJ can't but we don't expect him too. The left wing is a problem crossing area as so far none of our fullbacks have proved they can cross from that side and we are struggling for a left footer to whip them in.

Buxton is a reliable crosser from right back to match Antonio.

My biggest concern is our apparent in ability to string more than 3 forward passes together. Unfortunately one thing that can't be leveled at us at the moment is that we are a passing side. I am all for possession of the ball but it has to be quality, in the midfield or up front, not 50 touches between the back four leading to a boot up-field (for Bothroyd to flick on).

The thing I noticed most about Bolton yesterday was direct running through midfield and players busting a gut to get in the area when they were attacking down the wings.

Its not just the delivery. Last season we had Rob Jones, Llera and Reda who would attack the ball with a purpose. I felt like we would score every corner and long throw. This season it doesn't look that way. Gardner and Taylor seem static and just jump on the spot rather than attack the ball.

Guest totemowl

I think this too, and it did work yesterday cos we should have scored froma near post corner. Instead we scored from the resulting penalty.

Perhaps it's because the defenders are 6" taller in this div so putting them into the 6 yard area doesn't have the same benefit as last season.