From 2013-14 it will be harder to get promoted.

TV money last season amounted to between 39m (Wolves) and 61m (Man City) per club, depending on performance.

From 2013, when the Premier Leagues new 3bn deal kicks in, this could rise to a staggering 72m to 109m! Dependant on growth, of course...but even at it's lowest, this could still be between 53m and 90m. And for the smaller clubs, TV money makes up a greater amount of their income. Blackburn for example, their payments have made up over 70% of their total income.

This as well means an increase to parachute payments, meaning that past this season it will be much harder to get Wednesday back in the top flight...maybe this is why we're seeing Barcelona players come in, and Jones saying he still wants 4 more signings...we need to get up sooner rather than later.

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

With income like that ticket prices should be capped at £500 per season ticket. Will never happen though.

If only. All of the extra money (and the inevitable extra debt on top) will go to transfer fees and players salaries as well as things like agents, compensation for managers etc.

Given Milan's reputation for not splashing the cash at his previous clubs, I think he's being very clever this year in allowing DJ to bring in a lot of new players on freebies as well as forking our for a couple of, by our previous standards, expensive signings.

I think he's "going for it" this season, without too much risk if things don't go as well as planned or the team simply doesn't gel.

I am confident that DJ will get the best out of this squad (and any further additions), whether that will be enough, only time will tell.

UTO