Opinions and Expectations of our signings!

Just wondered what everyones thoughts are on our signings and how much will they contribute considering most of them have experienced playing in the championship..... Here's my opinion on each one. I'm quite pleased with our signings tbh

1st - Kieron Lee

I've got to be honest and say I was quite surprised we signed Lee from Oldham...... He is someone I haven't watched many times to be honest but he has a decent pedigree on him captaining the Man Utd youth team before moving to oldham. Dave Jones brought him in on a free transfer and although he seems highly regarded by many managers I can't help but think that he will struggle to keep Buxton out of the team. I think in general he is an improvement on Otsemobor but whether he is championship material we will see.

2nd - Chris Kirkland - This for me has to be the biggest named signing by us the season? I feel dave jones has brought him in to become our first choice stopper with the thought that Weaver is no longer required at championship level. If I am being honest I will hold up judgment with regards to this lads injury record however I'm sure anyone who went against doncaster will agree he looks fit and able and is quite a presence in his box. I think he will start the season as our No.1 and I have everything crossed that he can stay injury free. Bywater is a good back up keeper to have if it all goes wrong...... Franny jeffers anyone?......

3rd - Joe Mattock - Dave Jones's 3rd signing.... Well I was actually talking to my brighton buddy the other day and he tells me that last season Mattock went on loan to them and did reasonably well.... Possessing a tidy left foot what he lacks in height he makes up for with his commitment and composure. They have signed wayne bridge so their not too fussed he didn't re sign for them but I'm told he is a very good prospect..... The question is though will he be able to keep reda out?..... I'm hoping young joe does because I think he is an all round better player than reda. I honestly think Mattock will be one of the set piece takers as well so hopefully he can get a few goals for us too?....

4th - Anthony Gardner - Well it took him ages to make up his mind but he finally opted to join us despite interest from china and obviously crystal palace where he played last season..... Very highly regarded as a youngster but now has the experience. His injury record is not good but hopefully his injuries are behind him? I think if this lad is fit he will be an automatic choice at CB under jones..... Him and Llera for me at CB !!

5th - Chris Maguire - signed for around 375,000 from derby he comes to us as a prospect that hasn't really found his feet in england yet but has shown promise at portsmouth on loan..... Can he score 20 goals in a season I don't think so..... Reminds me a bit of billy sharp small, stocky, quick feet and can finish. He is still young but personally I think he will be a bench warmer for us for most of the season.

6th - Diogo Amado - Not got much to say about the portugese youngstar other than I really hope he adapts and performs like Semedo when he gets his chance. A defensive minded playmaker he obviously has something about him but will we get to see him much this season? Will he go on loan to a league 1 club first we will see I think that would be a good option tbh.

7th - Necj Pecnik - Another foreigner? Well it surprised me too.... Came on trial for 2 days? Then offered a contract?...... An international player.... At wednesday!! Well I hadn't heard of him before but he is a player according to dave jones..... This signing excited me the most if I am honest so it will be interesting to see what position he takes up and how much he contributes to our season?..... Wasn't overly impressed with him at donny although he did look to me to have something top drawer in his game..... Anyone remember the flicked heel turn ? That was quality!!

8th - Rhys McCabe - Signed on a free from Rangers (pending compensation) as he is under 23. He could be our best signing of the summer if he continues to develope as the rate he has been doing at Newco lol. Looks tidy on the ball and is a box to box player..... I think he will become Lines's understudy for the first part of the season but he will become indespensible to us once he gets a run of games alongside Semedo.

FINALLY........

9th - Michail Antonio - Signed for around 825,000 !! Michail is a player that needs no introducing to wednesday fans.... An absolute hero last season he will take up a wing position for us against derby! It puts a smile on my face to be able to add him to the list as its been drawn out for far too long but I'm expecting big things from Antonio this season!!

Not long till we set sail for Pride Park :-) bring on the rams!!

Guest We Shall Overcome

Just wondered what everyones thoughts are on our signings and how much will they contribute considering most of them have experienced playing in the championship..... Here's my opinion on each one. I'm quite pleased with our signings tbh

1st - Kieron Lee

I've got to be honest and say I was quite surprised we signed Lee from Oldham...... He is someone I haven't watched many times to be honest but he has a decent pedigree on him captaining the Man Utd youth team before moving to oldham. Dave Jones brought him in on a free transfer and although he seems highly regarded by many managers I can't help but think that he will struggle to keep Buxton out of the team. I think in general he is an improvement on Otsemobor but whether he is championship material we will see.

2nd - Chris Kirkland - This for me has to be the biggest named signing by us the season? I feel dave jones has brought him in to become our first choice stopper with the thought that Weaver is no longer required at championship level. If I am being honest I will hold up judgment with regards to this lads injury record however I'm sure anyone who went against doncaster will agree he looks fit and able and is quite a presence in his box. I think he will start the season as our No.1 and I have everything crossed that he can stay injury free. Bywater is a good back up keeper to have if it all goes wrong...... Franny jeffers anyone?......

3rd - Joe Mattock - Dave Jones's 3rd signing.... Well I was actually talking to my brighton buddy the other day and he tells me that last season Mattock went on loan to them and did reasonably well.... Possessing a tidy left foot what he lacks in height he makes up for with his commitment and composure. They have signed wayne bridge so their not too fussed he didn't re sign for them but I'm told he is a very good prospect..... The question is though will he be able to keep reda out?..... I'm hoping young joe does because I think he is an all round better player than reda. I honestly think Mattock will be one of the set piece takers as well so hopefully he can get a few goals for us too?....

4th - Anthony Gardner - Well it took him ages to make up his mind but he finally opted to join us despite interest from china and obviously crystal palace where he played last season..... Very highly regarded as a youngster but now has the experience. His injury record is not good but hopefully his injuries are behind him? I think if this lad is fit he will be an automatic choice at CB under jones..... Him and Llera for me at CB !!

5th - Chris Maguire - signed for around 375,000 from derby he comes to us as a prospect that hasn't really found his feet in england yet but has shown promise at portsmouth on loan..... Can he score 20 goals in a season I don't think so..... Reminds me a bit of billy sharp small, stocky, quick feet and can finish. He is still young but personally I think he will be a bench warmer for us for most of the season.

6th - Diogo Amado - Not got much to say about the portugese youngstar other than I really hope he adapts and performs like Semedo when he gets his chance. A defensive minded playmaker he obviously has something about him but will we get to see him much this season? Will he go on loan to a league 1 club first we will see I think that would be a good option tbh.

7th - Necj Pecnik - Another foreigner? Well it surprised me too.... Came on trial for 2 days? Then offered a contract?...... An international player.... At wednesday!! Well I hadn't heard of him before but he is a player according to dave jones..... This signing excited me the most if I am honest so it will be interesting to see what position he takes up and how much he contributes to our season?..... Wasn't overly impressed with him at donny although he did look to me to have something top drawer in his game..... Anyone remember the flicked heel turn ? That was quality!!

8th - Rhys McCabe - Signed on a free from Rangers (pending compensation) as he is under 23. He could be our best signing of the summer if he continues to develope as the rate he has been doing at Newco lol. Looks tidy on the ball and is a box to box player..... I think he will become Lines's understudy for the first part of the season but he will become indespensible to us once he gets a run of games alongside Semedo.

FINALLY........

9th - Michail Antonio - Signed for around 825,000 !! Michail is a player that needs no introducing to wednesday fans.... An absolute hero last season he will take up a wing position for us against derby! It puts a smile on my face to be able to add him to the list as its been drawn out for far too long but I'm expecting big things from Antonio this season!!

Not long till we set sail for Pride Park :-) bring on the rams!!

I like Pecnik, could be a good player but we are all guessing about how a player will do for a new club, we have'nt got a crystal ball and you car'nt judge on a couple of games.Lets wait and see.

Solid signings so far, but need some inspirational wingers more than anything. Quality goal scorer with real pace would be good as well, but Madine/Maguire will do reasonably well if provided with good service. Mid-table finish for me.