Were you there? - Spora/Kaiserslautern away, 1992/93

The away leg in Germany was a highlight in my 25 years of watching the owls, I remember bob gorilla had viv anderson's match boots with him as they'd been left at hillsborough. Recall Gorill getting on the plane's PA system and making some crack about the war which went down well. Pre game was a disappointment, met on the runway by a coach and then driven round the ring road until an hour before kick off so no chance of seeing the town.

Atmosphere in the stadium was special, flares, flags and cheesy stadium announcer, recall that their fans were very loud, plenty of mo and mullet combos, hundreds of Francis rossi lookalikes. I seem to remember the dam busters tune began because a legless German fan wheeled across the pitch at halftime. Was followed by Kung Fu fighting over the tannoy.

They were a good side, had a very quick winger, Marcel wittachek who we struggled against in both legs.

Went to Spora by official coach.

Mass game of footy in Calais hypermarket, followed by good drink in Belgium roadside cafe, then........

Bus broke down in Belgium. Cops wouldn't allow a bus that was at stadium to come and pick us up. Eventually got the bus going and arriver=d at the game 40mins in, missing all the goals.

Stll great night, 48hrs from leaving scunny to getting back home for 50mins football !!!!