madine or heffers??

Guest lroyowl

Guest frannys ears

With Wednesday at the moment it seems to be all about wing play, this team has been screaming out for someone who can get on the end of crosses.

The ball gets played to morrison who plays it to the wing every time, it gets whipped back in but we dont have the height to beat the centre half in the air.

So for me it's Morrison and Madine, if it bares no fruit then two good subs in Mellor and Heff.

Really do rate Heff and especially Mellor, but think the energy of these two with twenty minutes(not 3) to go would undo teams if needed.

Guest lroyowl

Heffernan hasn't cut the pace here simple as. Just because he did well in this league last season doesn't make him worth a start this season. Wasn't Jones good for bristol last year on loan? He also hasn't done it yet for us. I just don't get the heffernan is awesome talk, although if he bangs a few in tomoro who cares

Guest lroyowl

Heffernan hasn't cut the pace here simple as. Just because he did well in this league last season doesn't make him worth a start this season. Wasn't Jones good for bristol last year on loan? He also hasn't done it yet for us. I just don't get the heffernan is awesome talk, although if he bangs a few in tomoro who cares

Guest Sniper1

What a load of gonads.

Paul Heffernan was quality when he came on against Charlton.

He looked sharp but fresh, he never gave the ball way and he did well with his 2 chances, unlucky not to notch 2 goals with 2 chances.

Madine needs to be introduced gradually.

Mellor needs a to come off the bench on a few occasions to get his sharpness back, that injury put him back abit.

Baffled to some peoples logic.

I thought the play between Morrison and heffernan was excellent last game. Really intelligent. They played close together, plenty of one two's and something that looked both natural and able to be developed. I really think that pairing has a lo of goals in it. Morrison and Mellor are probabl interchangeable and Madine gives us a different option if the game warrants it, which is very useful. And then if you need further options you can play JJ and have a pacey option. But for me Morrison and Heffernan have to start.

Guest swfc 4 lyfe

Daniel Jones has been very good this season, a stand out player to me much better than tommy

at the end of the day it's not who you, i, or anyone else on here wants...it's who irvine wants, and what plans he has, and what he's seen in training...we started the season playing 4-4-1-1, with tudgay in the hole and mellor up front off him, wouldn't totally surprise me to see us set up like that again...if we set up with madine in the hole and two up top then we are woefully short in m/f...that might be saved for later in a game when we need to force a result, or two...