Back in division 1

Guest bigblue

Whelan left (the criticism that bloke got on here is evidence if any where needed that so many posters on here are absolutely clueless!!!!)

Brunt left (as above, but to a much lesser degree)

the division got much better

our financial situation got much much worse

our squad got much worse

then our financial position got much much much much better

and surprise the lot of you by winning the league ;)

Edited by bigblue

Yeah that one, watched it pissed when i got in last night,

I think i was surprised by how good some of our players really were compared to now, no disrespect meant at all to the current squad, i do appreciate we were spending a LOT of money on the players,

But Paul Warhurst's runs from our box to theres, David Hirst shooting from miles and miles out and smashing the top corner, our players just went for it and had the talent to pull it off, my first match was 28th december 94 so i missed most of this era, pretty soon after i started going was the 1-7 thrashing against Forest.

I basically missed out just on the party and got involved as it was winding down, most people 24 and under will be in a similiar position…

Guest armchairfan

That 7-1 drubbing by forest as it was my first day of a family holiday in skeggy. I was only about 11-12. Remember my dad being really upset.

I did win a dance competition tho. Think it was mc hammer lol

Yeah that one, watched it pissed when i got in last night,

I think i was surprised by how good some of our players really were compared to now, no disrespect meant at all to the current squad, i do appreciate we were spending a LOT of money on the players,

But Paul Warhurst's runs from our box to theres, David Hirst shooting from miles and miles out and smashing the top corner, our players just went for it and had the talent to pull it off, my first match was 28th december 94 so i missed most of this era, pretty soon after i started going was the 1-7 thrashing against Forest.

I basically missed out just on the party and got involved as it was winding down, most people 24 and under will be in a similiar position…

Those times will one day come back.

It was an awesome period. I remember at the start of the 1993-94 season, on the opening day pundits were asked who they thought would win the league. Ray Stubbs (who was presenting it) actually tipped us.

Those days we beat clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds and Newcastle to sign players.

We were a top 6 side. One of the favourites to wins cups and 20-1 bet to win the League Title. All started to go wrong when Pleat came in although we had a good season in 1996-1997.