Guest Sheff Owl

What did you make of it?

Was the writing already on the wall?

Grimsby Town 1-2.....lost

Darlington 1-1.....draw

Sflaphorpe United 1-0....lost

Barnsley 2-0.....lost

Doncaster 1-0.....lost

Now i did not go to every pre - season but from the ones i did go to we was very poor, i know it's only pre - season and the results don't really matter but from what i can remember we are seeing some of the same stuff we saw in the above games for example - the Grimsby game was just poor, the lad up front for them Alan Connell just battered our defence they was all over the place, he ran them ragged.

Irvine said after some of these games it was all about getting prepared for the first game of the season and building up our fitness so was he happy with what he saw in pre - season?

Pre - season was/is supposed to be a really important time and we just seemed to sleep through it, the games we played imo there was no fight/battle or at some points passion and this season in parts that has just seemed to carry on - how can a manager be happy with it? how can he just carry on not seeing the obvious yet we hear about all this 'watching videos', 'studying everything'. Fans said in pre - season it was poor yet like i said he seemed quite happy saying it was building up nicely etc etc but it was plain to see things were not right.

Guest Saturday Owl

We were poo in pre-season, but it shouldn't impact the season months later in December.

After January I think with a few new signings and beating the teams around us we can wee wee this league. Alan or not.

Guest intercity0wl

What did you make of it?

Darlington 1-1.....draw

Barnsley 2-0.....lost

Doncaster 1-0.....lost

Now i did not go to every pre - season but from the ones i did go to we was very poor, i know it's only pre - season and the results don't really matter but from what i can remember we are seeing some of the same stuff we saw in the above games for example - the Grimsby game was just poor, the lad up front for them Alan Connell just battered our defence they was all over the place, he ran them ragged.

Irvine said after some of these games it was all about getting prepared for the first game of the season and building up our fitness so was he happy with what he saw in pre - season?

Pre - season was/is supposed to be a really important time and we just seemed to sleep through it, the games we played imo there was no fight/battle or at some points passion and this season in parts that has just seemed to carry on - how can a manager be happy with it? how can he just carry on not seeing the obvious yet we hear about all this 'watching videos', 'studying everything'. Fans said in pre - season it was poor yet like i said he seemed quite happy saying it was building up nicely etc etc but it was plain to see things were not right.

Personally i think apart from gaining fitness these pre season games training sessions have had about as much bearing on our poor performances you alude to as they have on our thrashings of Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers.

Guest Triplej2

What did you make of it?

Darlington 1-1.....draw

Barnsley 2-0.....lost

Doncaster 1-0.....lost

To be honest, the theme has been the same since irvine came, even in the some of those first few games we won when he came to us.

Defensively shambolic on a regular basis, not always conceding a lot of goals but always conceding them from silly mistakes.

Midfield, nearly always unable to run the game, lacking in creativity, bite and presence.

The attack often looking isolated and frustrated from lack of quality balls.

There have been a few games where things have clicked (against poor opposition) and we've looked like a unit and banged the goals in but by and large we look like a fledgling, fearful and erratic team, cringey to watch because of the constant bad decisions, bad passes, silly mistakes and ability to be taught a football lesson by all comers.

Like it or not, that's what we are, yeah we may have enough to get in the play offs and we'll probably spank a few more tin pot teams but 40 odd games into Irvine's tenure we are as jittery, fearful and shambolic as ever and that's a ridiculous situation to be in with our wage budget.

We might be 2nd now but it's a false position. We had 2 perfectly good opportunities to show the league that we meant business and crashed and burned to the mighty Swindon and Exeter. We aint going up under this guy, no way.