Sadly, we simply aren't good enough

The boys gave their all today, but quite simply we just aren’t good enough. Some observations from today’s defeat;

Unfortunately, like at Coventry Lee Grant was massively at fault. What he was doing for their 2nd goal I really do not know. As we know he has been one of the players of the season often being the man who keeps us in the game, it’s a real shame.

For me Darren Purse was the worst player on the pitch, up to his old trick of smashing supposed clearances up into the air instead of away. Giving away the free kick for their 1st and generally being a liability. Thank you Brian Laws for this shocking signing.

For once Irvine threw on Jeffers and Esajas with time to make a difference, and the Dutchman did. Two significant moments – the assist for Tudgay’s goal (great finish by the way) and his wonder strike that hit the post at the death. We all know he’s hit and miss but he does have the ability to change games, if only Irvine had had the bottle to send him on more in the last few months.

In the end I’m glad we didn’t draw, at least this way if Palace win on Monday night we’ll be down mathematically. To win on the last day but be relegated on goal difference would be hard to take.

So on to Monday night, I don’t believe in God (Hirst, Waddle & Shez aside) but I will be praying for WBA to do the business. I would imagine a fair few London Owls will be making the trip to Selhurst Park, I’d be tempted if I was living in the capital.

Even if it does go to the last game, will we really be good enough to overcome Palace? For me it’s another huge doubt.

Up the Owls!!!