RESERVES

Guest Wildman1867

Are any of those players ready or good enough for the first team?

From the players last night, only Modest and Luke Boden looked first team material. Modest is the pace our front line is missing and Boden looked comfortable on the ball and very good techinally. I would possibly consider throwing Boden in on Saturday. He's been running our midfield in the last several reserve games and my MOM in the last four for me. At the end of the day, if the reserve team players aren't pushing the first eleven for a place in the team, whats the point in having a reserve team set-up?

The likes of Callum Harrison and Charlie Tunnard who have been at this club for two or three years simply aren't good enough.

The jury is still out on Jack Barnett and Liam Palmer. Palmer didn't really impress me last night or last week against Macclesfield, but Irvine has obviously seen something in him he likes after putting him on the bench twice. I would love to see Barnett back in midfield where he belongs and looks more comfortable. I'd stick my neck out and say he could be a future CM but I doubt he would make the grade at CB.