OWLSTALK THREATENED WITH LEGAL ACTION

Dear Owlstalk readers.

It is with deep regret that I post this here given the history that the club has suffered in recent years and especially with how the members of this very website have undergone legal threats previously and when this site has been taken to High Court by certain individuals in the past.

Totally unrelated but recently the site has been used as a tool by a number of people that some of you may or may not be familiar with when looking at the political history of the club over the last few years and by others who have been sucked in to the current behind the scenes battle for S6.

We've now been directly threatened with legal action by certain individuals

So we have decided to post this to try and protect our members

Over the last few weeks you may or may not have seen certain posts on this site relating to our football club politics, investment, documents about these issues, and in particular a number of 'new' members who are doing the old 'hit and run' tactics.

Let me first explain the hit and run thing - it's where someone (who you may or may not be familiar with) registers, logs on and makes a post that's provocative and bound to stir up a LOT of poo poo - then logs off again - leaving you all to react angrily and post something that could then be used to take legal action against YOU or against the site

OR

Where someone (who you may or may not be familiar with) registers a new account, logs on, and makes a post relating to politics at the football club, that could then be used to stir up one huge shitstorm for the current people at our club trying to do their jobs.

This then means that a lot of time and effort has to be given to sorting these posts/posters out, deleting threads/posts that could land YOU or the site in legal trouble, and trying to weed out these people so that they don't come on the site causing these kind of issues in future.

This is a full time job - done admirably by our team of moderators

BUT

It's very VERY obvious that people with agendas are trying to destabilise the football club that we love.

I appeal to you all to read posts/threads on this site and before pressing 'reply' read it again, look at the poster, and ask yourself if you believe it to be a genuine fan OR just 'certain people' trying to cause as much poo poo as possible to rain down on Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

There's a number of vultures circling our club - and these vultures aren't ones that you would want ANYWHERE NEAR the club whatsoever.

Help us protect Owlstalk - and if you see any posts that you believe to be politically motivated - post in the thread to say so and let's flush em out for good.

I'll give you two links on previous (unrelated) legal action against messageboards/members that you can follow if you like:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...asrath.medialaw

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2007/2375.html

Update on this coming later....

Owlstalk Shop