18 year old lost Wednesday shirt

Found this as I was looking through Facebook and was amazed!:

When you lose your favourite football shirt where do you look to find it? Under the bed, back of the sofa, bottom of your wardrobes? 

This Sheffield Wednesday fan found it in none of the places above. After 18 years, his dad found it floating at the top of his pound. Not one of the first places you’d look, right?

Wednesday supporter, Chris Hall, posted a picture of his Sheffield Wednesday shirt, which is now old, dirty and green. 

18 years ago my 
#swfc
 shirt disappeared from the washing line. Today it was found at the bottom of our pond 
@swfc

pic.twitter.com/qeeNCEayLK

— Chris Hall (@christophehall) 
April 12, 2014

We managed to speak with Chris Hall: 

Did you ever realise the Sheffield Wednesday shirt was ever missing? If so, how long did you look for it?

Yes I was gutted when it went missing at the time and would've searched high and low round the house for it.

Did you blame anyone for the disappearance?

I thought it might have been stolen off the washing line initially.

The pond isn’t the first place you’d look. How did you find it after 18 years?

I got a text from my brother with a photo of a soggy shirt saying "mystery solved". I later found out my dad just saw it floating on the Surface when he was out in the garden.

The Wednesday fan added:

Well I guess I'm hoping it will make a nice metaphor when Wednesday eventually rise to the top again!

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/sheffield-wednesday-supporter-finds-shirt-after-18-years

Edited by mr g 1999