Game with Waddle, Hirst, Palmer - Hillsborough, 20 July

Guest Holtby

Just got in a taxi outside rawson. Bloke gets out, we get in. Taxi driver sets off and says 'did you see who that was'? No? Only feckin Hirsty! And I didn't even see!!!!

Gutted

Not relevant to the thread but needed to moan!

Guest Holtby

Thanks to everyone who came downt.  We reckon there were about 700 paying spectators in the end and, as mentioned, we raised over £3.1k.

All the ex-pros were great - really obliging with us (their teammates for the day) and the crowd.

I hope you agree that us Sunday league players didn't shape up too badly in the end either. 

Palmer was a bit rusty, giving away a goal, but was wonderful to see him in the blue and white again. Where was Waddle?

Two goals. He lost his man at the corner for the winner too! 

No Hirst or Waddle both injured I heard. Palmer still looked about 20 and quite clumsey. Matt Hamshaw was probably the best I thought.

Waddle apparently asked someone for directions quite near the ground, but was not seen after that, so we don't know what happened to him.  Sorry if that was a disappointment for anyone.

Hirst was there throughout and a long time afterwards.  He was in the dressing room with us, but had an issue with a hamstring (I think he said), so didn't get his boots on in the end unfortunately.

Guest Holtby

Line-up was:

Clapham, Morris, Barrick, Palmer, Greenwood, McMahon, Hamshaw, Folly, Pearson, Sharp, Rhodes

Subs: Fildes, Rowlett, Rowlett, Elrafaey, Charlesworth, Corker, Broomhead, White, Wylie