No room for sentiment

Do we need to start being more ruthless in our attitude towards all the players who put on our shirt?

I've been repeating myself  quite often on here when discussions surrounding our strikers have cropped up.  People have been saying we should get rid of May, Nuhiu, Lavery, loan so and so out etc.   I've been saying that i'd be upset if May went.  I genuinely think he has something to offer, but does it matter as long as we get players in who are better?

I was a bit miffed when we let Heffernan go, and Ryan Lowe, and thought it would have a negative effect on the team.  In the long run though, did I really miss them?  players come and players go.  Nice guys and Jeb ends alike.

The 'love' we have for Semedo is blinkering people as well.  He's an alright player, but sentiment is making people think that he's better than Melo, for example, without us having any real proof of it.  People feel sorry for Nuhiu and that makes them think he should have more chances to prove himself.  When these players get elbowed and replaced by better, will any of it really matter?  We won't care in the slightest.

So, do you care who plays in a Wednesday shirt as long as we're winning?  How long do we keep supporting players who are inconsistent before we move on?  We're going to have a lot of strikers to fill, potentially, one spot.  The best of those players needs to fill that spot.  No sentiment, no soft feelings for the others, get in the side and do the business or you'll find yourself on your way.

UTO.

Guest wilyfox

Indeed, it's a simple truth. We won't win promotion with May, Nuhiu, Helan and Semedo in the team. As hard as they try and as well as they've served us at times, they are not top six quality.