Honesty and not shying away from your responsibilities

Whilst I am staunch believer that Jones will sort this current mess out (which is all it is at the minute, not a catastrophe, not the end of the world as some would have us believe), I am starting to get really irritated by his post match interviews and summations of matches and performances.

Whilst in principle it is never good to be continually critical, a bit of genuine honesty and telling it as it is, also does not go a miss to the players and most definitely the fans. Accepting where you, as the manager, the one with the selection choices and tactical choices, has maybe done something wrong is a huge display of a man who we can entrust this current mess with.

Blackpool had a shocker, Ian Holloway was openly critical of the team and their lack of application and not following basics that had been delivered in training, Notts County lost at home 1-0 and Curle admitted he didn't go with enough attacking intent from the off.

We lose at home 1-0, to a very, very ordinary Hull team, Dave Jones said we played well and created NUMEROUS chances. He then goes on to say no one has smashed us during this recent run ? Excuse me... 6 defeats out of 7 (regardless of result, still means we have the same number of points.

Also ... haven't been smashed by anyone, but we have the 2nd worst defensive record in the entire football league ? ?

As soon as he starts seeing what is wrong the better. As soon as he admits he has bottled it recently the better. He has lost all his principles, he has gone against all his beliefs and we seem to have stopped trying to do the things we should be at home

Hiding away, burying the head won't help Dave... let's see a bit of fighting spirit, a bit of passion, a show of solidarity and that you actually care. Give the critics something to hold onto and something to believe you are the right man .....