Nicky Bailey

Other than this thread I'm not one for endlessly suggesting players to sign. With our midfield in desperate need of some quality I just thought of this lad at Middlesbrough.

Scored a lot of goals for Charlton in the Championship and League One, not really worked out for him at Boro, played all over the place by Strachan and not managed to get going for them (although out of their team who has?).

He's a player who's definitely got something about him and at 24 I think he would be a very good player to look at.

As I say I don't suggest players on here without giving it some thought so I'd be interested in your thoughts on him.

Guest Saturday Owl

I think a loan deal for him would be excellent, he was fantastic last season for Charlton.

Maybe AI is already having a look at him?

Guest Sheff Owl

Other than this thread I'm not one for endlessly suggesting players to sign. With our midfield in desperate need of some quality I just thought of this lad at Middlesbrough.

Scored a lot of goals for Charlton in the Championship and League One, not really worked out for him at Boro, played all over the place by Strachan and not managed to get going for them (although out of their team who has?).

He's a player who's definitely got something about him and at 24 I think he would be a very good player to look at.

As I say I don't suggest players on here without giving it some thought so I'd be interested in your thoughts on him.

At Charlton he was brilliant since he has moved to Boro he has found it difficult...

Now is that because of the previous manager? You can't say that he can't play in the Championship because he was their top scorer and player of the season when they were relegated.

If you could get the Bailey that played for Charlton then he would improve the squad without a doubt, they paid what 1.2m? so i guess they would be looking to recoup much of that i imagine.

Another interesting twist if it was offered a straight swap Beevers for Bailey would you?? (if Boro were interested in Beevers obviously)

Guest Saturday Owl

At Charlton he was brilliant since he has moved to Boro he has found it difficult...

Now is that because of the previous manager? You can't say that he can't play in the Championship because he was their top scorer and player of the season when they were relegated.

If you could get the Bailey that played for Charlton then he would improve the squad without a doubt, they paid what 1.2m? so i guess they would be looking to recoup much of that i imagine.

Another interesting twist if it was offered a straight swap Beevers for Bailey would you?? (if Boro were interested in Beevers obviously)

YES!

Guest Sheff Owl

YES!

I actually think a lot of people will think like that.

We are signing defenders and yet to improve midfield - it would seem a sensible decision.

We can't play all the defenders we have got so sooner or later 1 or 2 are gonna be off.