Biddy17 and his PS2

Guest plop

Here's my side of things, as I haven't been on and the thread is now locked. I've quoted from the thread, and will address them individually, that way people can see for themselves.

TheWednesdayFC said;

Plop mate - at the end of the day you knew it was worth more than £40.

Fair enough - you saw a bargain and went for it.

But I can't see why you're pissed off now that he's realised his mistake.

Idea - Offer him something decent and then everyones happy?

This has never been about the money, it's always been about Biddy17 setting his price for the bundle, me agreeing to pay that price for the console only, Biddy17 agreeing to this, and then Biddy17 backing out of this agreement without even having the common courtesy to tell me.

You don't find this a little unsavoury?

And as for offering him "something decent", he's shown himself to be completely untrustworthy as far as I'm concerned, and I would never deal with him regardless. I'm happy to pay the going rate for a console, always have been, and I'm happy that anyone could get a bargain from wherever they can. Which leads me to...

NortonOwl said;

Don't use me as a bargaining chip!

This is what happened from my point of view:

I replied to his post in this thread and then I later received a PM saying that he would sell the console (including memory card and controller) on its own for £40 so I offered him £30 then he replied back offering it for £40 plus a game. His first PM to me was on the 25th of July seemingly after he had PM'd Plop as he stated in his first PM.

I'm sorry if you think I'm using you "as a bargaining chip", I'm not at all. What I'm doing is using what happened with you as an example of how deceitful and underhand Biddy17 has been. You did nothing wrong whatsoever as far as I'm concerned, and you have got a bargain (if indeed this deal stands).

If anything, you come off in a better light because of the way you handled yourself, by PMing me to see what had happened and to check that you weren't "being ripped off" and that "there's no dodgy dealing going on" (your words).

Biddy17 said;

FFS Get over it!

I told you i wanted more than £40, and that im going to trade the games in seperate.

So then after you went off on one do you really expec me to sell to you? yea like roger im going to want to meet you now? You blew it mate.

So i pmed norton owl saying i was just going to get rid of the ps2, and trade in the games seperate.

I'm sorry but you have acted like a complete thrower.

You say you told me you wanted more than £40. This is a lie, you told me nothing. You didn't post anything to that effect in the thread, and your last PM to me before all this farce kicked off was on July 18th, and was this;

Im at Charnock, im not working next tuesday - thursday snytime then is good.

You wanting all the gear then? My mate has my LMA so i dont know if ill beable to get that back by then, but everything else is good.

"So then after you went off on one do you really expec me to sell to you? yea like roger im going to want to meet you now? You blew it mate." Not at all. I "went off on one" after you'd told me in a PM on July 25th that you'd taken it into Blockbuster and sold it to them. As far as I knew, you'd sold it there and then, so I was never expecting it being sold to me. Besides which, after you'd shown your true colours this way, I would never have dealt with you.

PMing NortonOwl was your prerogative, but it's just a shame you couldn't have been entirely honest with them, if you had then I don't think they would have had to PM me and voice any concerns.

You've sold it, you're happy.

NortonOwl's bought it, they're happy.

I've not had to deal with someone like you, for that I'm happy.

Doesn't alter the fact that you've lied and deceived.