Can we really blame just one man?

Guest armchairfan

Guest armchairfan

I agree with everyone that football is a results based business and that we haven't made as good as start as many thought based on the first few games.

My concern over the DJ battering (whether that be a minority or majority) is that although DJ has brought in many players pre season we have not spent hardly anymoney on transfer fees.

The players we have are frees (no other club wanted them) or loans (no club wants them now or help them get fit).

I absolutely love MM and appreciate that he runs the club as a business but by getting loans in or frees means that we are trying to get the best of a bad bunch.

I'm not saying go back to the bad old days and spend millions on players but at least spend some money on transfers.

One of the few we have spent money on is Antonio and he has been arguably the best play/most consistent this season.

By buying players you are signalling your intent to fans and the other clubs in the league. By relying on loans/frees you are 'hoping' that they work and you get them on the cheap.

Whoever had the idea of using the loan system/frees to hope that this would be enough to maintain a comfortable championship status is wrong imo.

The yonger players (McCabe, Corry and Lee for example) will be good players but these were players we brought in for the future not now

Hope that we can spend some money in January and bring players to the club because they want to do well for us and play for us over their parent club and not because they have no where else to go

Let me know your thoughts

And keep it clean lol

Guest swfcadz

hes brought in too many players and some are just not good enough midfield is lightweight defence is well speaks for itself and upfront we do not have a natural goal scorer

Guest zico sterland

Think the purse will have to be opened to the tune of 3 decent signings,a goal scorer,a midfield general and a quality centre half.On loan another forward and a left back to cover if Reda keeps breaking down.