Spine of the team so important

Watched my third game of the season today from the comfort of my armchair. I would get a season ticket like a shot if i were working.

I agree with alot of the comments put on here tonight regarding changing the team too quickly. If you are going to tinker, then ffs do it slowly and gradually.

This honestly does sound like DJ is trying to make a point and create HIS own team. I thought DJ came in last season and with no resources got the best out of an existing bunch of lads. To be fair, Megson had the team almost playing how he wanted, and the introduction of DJ did have the desired effect.

I am honestly starting to question some of the signings he has brought in. I can only comment on what i have seen.

Kirkland - A great shot stopper, but then a good shot stopper does not make a good keeper. Does he command his defence? Do the defence have confidence in him? Does he come off his line, or is he too static? The jury is still out on this one, but it can do no harm to play Bywater for a few games to see if things improve.

Taylor - Had my first experience of him today. Too slow by far. Not a great player. Was at fault for second goal today and is another hoof merchant. Not impressed at all.

Barkley - Good prospect, but tries too many killer balls. I'd prefer him to use someone else to make his mistakes with.

Bothroyd - Good God. DJ what have you done, bringing him here? Starting him when he is clearly not fit and relegating form strikers to the bench is not the way to do it. As someone else has already said tonight, let him force his way into the team. If he is clearly a better striker, then that would happen naturally with selective appearances from the bench. Looked totally disinterested to me.

Rodri - Like what i have seen, but he got no service today and no help from Bothroyd at all.

Gardner - He was the highlight from today's game for me. Looked good. Just needs a worthy partner alongside.

The spine of a team needs to be strong. To rip this out and start over is just crazy.

I am not alone, when i say that DJ's biggest mistake was to make the comments he made about Danny Batth and decide not to bring him back to Hillsborough. Danny Batth is a real gem. In my opinion he doesn't do mistakes. He leads by example and controls the defence. I would take him back to Hillsborough like a shot.

Not sure what Llera has done wrong, or Semedo.

Is DJ clutching at straws now? Has he lost the plot?

If i were in his shoes, i'd go back to the games we played well in, at the start of the season and work with that as a starting point.

If i could get last year's back line of Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Llera and Reda back, i'd be happier. Gardner is looking good, but would start as a cover player for me.