My view on last night, after it being my first game in over a year!

i know i will get slated for this no matter what i put but i thought i would just put my opinion for all to see.

and apologies for it being long

so this was my first game ive been to in a long time, can't even remember that the last one was.

Kirkland - didnt seem to do anything wrong last night, just needs to be more vocal and command his defence better.

Mattock - not a right back, would like to see if he's any good at left but probably wont get the chance now. you could tell this by his body positioning on both yellow cards, the first one being unlucky yellow card the 2nd a defo yellow, but we gave the ball away in a stupid position there.

Taylor - At first a thought he was good, was winning a lot of headers with out causing a lot of need-less fowls which in the past our centre backs have loved doing. but once again i think positioning was an issue. looks like we need consistently played back four so they can learn from each other.

Beevers - Same as a few years ago, nothing specially but nothing great. Seemed to of stopped slipping over as much though.

Reda - Never seen a left back like him, thought he was unlucky with the yellow card. but would like to see it again. But don't think theres anyone better to replace him with yet so.

Antonio - Seemed to do ok, but sometimes he needs to learn that if he doesn't skin them the first time, then look up and see if there's an easy option on the inside. Few times last night he could of passed to barkley but lost the ball instead. i like the exciting type of player he is, but some times just stop and have a look up.

Barkley - possibly to good for us. ive seen it before when we get youngsters that come in here and don't impress because they are to good. He wants to play one touch pass and move but no one else is capable of this so his talent is lost. BUT with our height in the team we don't need a perfectly whipped ball in mixer, just float it in rather than wasting set pieces. also needed to support strikers more

Semedo - seemed to have solid game, may just needs to release to ball a bit quicker when going forward.

JJ - did good defensive work when asked to play there so well done, did see much off him attacking wise in the first half. Both him and antonio need lesson in tracking back every time, not just when it suits them though.

madine - Didn't offer much, never seemed to gamble on bothroyds flicks. unsure why COG isn't playing based on what ive read and heard.

Bothroyd - bit like barkley in a way wanted to play one touch football, had no support from barkley though a lot of the time, once again didn't gamble on madines flicks.

Dave jones - The 4-4-2 we played seems to be to structured going forwards, there was a lot of space last night between our midfield and strikers, a space ive heard rodri likes to play in (ive got a feeling he didn't play him due to the fact it was a rough yorkshire derby though)

Very disappointed in the 2nd half tactics though, thought we should of come out and gone for it, maybe 3 at back reda, beevers taylor.

Wednesday fans - keep calm, no point singing we are going up one week, then poo pooting your self saying everyones poo poo the next. its going to be a tough season! i would of happily taken mid table at the start and would still take it now. But i do salute you all for turning up week in week out especially the midweek away games. makes me proud to apart of it.

any way, for thoughs who managed to read it all, sorry about the grammer and slate away.