My interpretation on proceedings..

Guest Vaseline

Guest Vaseline

We started the game off reasonably well, getting something like 3 corners within the first 5 minutes and looked on top.

Huddersfield obviously got the penalty (haven't seen replay so can't comment on whether it was indeed a penalty) and Kirkland made a decent save before we got unlucky with the rebound which was tapped in.

This then stopped any true momentum we had gained in those opening ten minutes.

The second goal was (in all honesty) a piece of quality on their part. The cross by Ward was fantastic and the finish wasn't bad either.

So there we are, 2-0 down and looking like slipping to a third consecutive defeat.

Réda grabs the goal and we slowly looked like getting back into the game, and when the player got sent off for them I felt confident that we could get a result. But a bit of naivety on Mattock's part cost us the game. I sat down for the second half knowing we probably wouldn't turn it around by playing 4-5-1.

The spurned chances were unbelievable. We created little but first Pecnik's miss and then Réda's was terrible. If Pecnik had scored the entire game most likely would have turned on its head.

In my eyes, our best performers on the night were Antonio and Barkley (excluding his consistently flat corners). They created a few chances, and were in no doubt the best of a bad bunch.

Huddersfield were extremely fortunate. They created little and got lucky with the penalties in my eyes, especially the second one. Its a shame to lose against them, but I'm fairly certain come the end of the season they'll be in a relegation dog-fight and we'll be fighting to get in the play-offs.

Guest tha_knows

I said to my mate last nyt that they looked very average, people sayin they played good football? What passing it in little triangles without any attacking style? Hardly football, they played long ball. Only difference they worked hard to close down where as we gave them so much time with the ball, at one point I remember Norwood and Clayton made 5 passes between them in the middle of the park without a Wednesday player near them, that's dreadful especially considering we were the home team. Theres obviously a lot of work needed with this team I just hope MM has the patience...