Our luck will change...

Guest chapeltom

Guest chapeltom

Now the dust has settled, I'd thought I'd post.

Let's look at the facts:

We have lost 3 on the bounce

We have conceded two a game every game

Goals have dried up

Now hark back to the Millwall game just under a month ago, we were still on a wave of momentum and scoring, playing some attractive football. It was always going to be an issue when we lost, how we'd react, it happened at Palace and for me the Palace performance was probably best of the last 3.

In the two games since Palace, we've seen 3 or 4 new players and no noticeable difference. My question is, why change the side so dramatically, it was always going to take time for the new players to gel and perhaps poor results v Brighton/Huddersfield were as a result of the new players not gelling yet. I personally WOULD NOT have changed the side so much and kept faith with the likes of O'Grady and tried to keep the winning side together.

We've had a problem last two games as well:

The referee. Gave a shocking decision to award Brighton a free-kick which they scored from, had we gone into the break goalless at the AMEX then it may have been different. Last night, two very harsh penalties, the first for me was a dive and having seen a replay maintain it was a dive. We were in control at that point, they score and all of a sudden were 2 down at home, crowd hacked off and we've not even played 20 minutes.

No we cannot defend but rather than chuck players in blind, surely we'd have been better sticking with the back four that played the first 3 games. We've conceded 6 in our last 2 since Taylor joined, maybe it was unwise to throw him straight in.

Our luck will change, the referee's will improve, we will stopping conceding (hopefully) and start scoring again. My fear is, if we keep conceding in the matter we are, the only place we will head is down. We cannot expect to concede 2.33 goals a game and expect results. If teams know were going to concede, they will come out and attack us, simple. Once the defence is sorted which it must then I trust we will turn it around

I trust Dave will turn it around but our defence MUST improve and we must stop changing the side so dramatically.

UP THE OWLS and bring on Bolton Saturday.

Tom

Edited by chapeltom

Guest GreenGoose

I want a settled team but DJ has got to find a starting line up worthy of being settled. You can't just keep it the same when we're playing like this. Once he works out what our best 11 is, I'm sure we will be ok.