My thoughts on the game...

Guest jamesmappin

Guest jamesmappin

Firstly it was an excellent day, excellent atmosphere and and even better win and three points for the mighty blue and white wizards!

Going into the game I was fearing the worst with our four defeats and their three wins but I thought that we started the game very positively but United shaded it and had the best chance with the free kick that hit the crossbar.

Megson must have said something to them at half-time though 'cause they came out and we were by far the better team in the second half. From where I was sat I couldn't really see the goal but I've just seen the goal now and what a header from O'Grady. Simonson was never going to get to that in a month of Sunday's.

Utd. reverted to hoofing the ball up in the air and didn't look like a real threat until they conceded.

How many people thought that we were going to concede late on though? I did... but what a great display by the back four, especially by Bathh and Jones.

I creased up laughing when Cresswell ran into Jones. It was like he hit a brick wall.

All in all I think the win was well deserved by Wednesday and hopefully we will kick on from this and give automatic promotion a real good go.

...and one thing to end on. I thought that gary megson was excellent today. Bouncing after the goal and showing his badge to the pigs when they started the "sacked in the morning" chants.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the game, now whats yours?

This city is ours!